New addition to Ruger family.

This is a discussion on New addition to Ruger family. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by zero Been awhile since I picked up a new handgun. The SR1911 is the most recent addition to my growing family of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: New addition to Ruger family.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Been awhile since I picked up a new handgun.

The SR1911 is the most recent addition to my growing family of Rugers (10/22 not shown).

Was surprised by the GP100 being just a little bigger.

Should be able to get out sometime next week to see how the SR1911 runs. Planning on ordering a Simply Rugged Cuda OWB holster for carry option.
    FOr Gods sake man, get those off the concrete... you are grounded young man... for your punishment, send me one of those beautiful pistolas!!!!!!!!!!!
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Congrats on the new addition to the family.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Didn't realize the concrete and shiny gun combo was such a taboo. Duly noted. I just liked the differences of texture.

Those revolvers look better than usual. I cleaned them up for the pics. The SP gets carried often and is usually my nightstand gun. When it gets to looking bad, I re-polish it. Carried the GP some a few years back. At that time I used a scotchbrite pad to give it a brushed stainless look. Made cleaning easy and hid scratches well.

Have a holster on order for the SR. Will see how the mat stainless holds up once it starts riding around on my hip.

Thanks again for the compliments guys. I like my Rugers too. Smoothed up the triggers and improved the sights on the revolvers. Seems like the more you shoot them the better they get.
    fotomaker57 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    That is an awesome trio you have. Be sure on updating us once you put a few rounds down range
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Great photos. I bought a blanket/throw in winter camo from Wal-Mart for about $10. I plan on using it for a background when I start photos on my guns. My wife said I can't use the bath towels.

I have several Rugers. They all shoot great. I had a P97 (.45 ACP) that I didn't like much. And it wouldn't handle Wolf steel case without jamming. But my wife says next year I can get a .45 again. I'm seriously considering the Ruger SR1911 and the Taurus 1911. Just because I want one.
    USN Retired

Received a Simply Rugged Cuda OWB holster, extra mag holder and belt for my SR1911 in the mail today.

Turnaround time was 12 days from order to door.

First impressions from wearing it around the house for a few hours....the set up is comfortable and concealable for a large side arm. I'm very happy.

Love the one I have for my SP101 and will get more for other pistols as time goes on.

Pics soon.

Yeah, I could tell that SP101 has spent some time being rubbed upon. It looks like it's chrome plated!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by fotomaker57 View Post
    Be sure on updating us once you put a few rounds down range
    Finally was able to run a box and half through the SR1911 today. Zero issues with the 150 rounds of WWB. Will try different rounds and HP's next time.

The pistol is defiantly more accurate than I am. Plenty of bulls eyes first time out. I was very surprised to keep all seven rounds on a paper plate just point shooting from the hip at seven yards. Did it a few different times and was able to keep four or five rounds on the plate each time. Will have to try some larger targets to see how/where I am off.

I'm really liking this pistol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links