Tried something new today

This is a discussion on Tried something new today within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Charter Arms Mag Pug and I've been working with it like filing down the front sight to fix it from shooting low ...

Thread: Tried something new today

I have a Charter Arms Mag Pug and I've been working with it like filing down the front sight to fix it from shooting low (seems to be a common problem), dry firing the heck out of it, and seeing what ammo works well with it. The gun works pretty well and feels good in the hand.

Well, I decided that I wanted to carry it, but the beefy Pachmayr rubber grips were tacky enough that my cover garment (flannel shirt) would cling to it. I recently bought a NOS set of small Charter wood grips made for the Undercover, so I put them on the gun. With the new stocks, the light, 21-ounce gun carried like a champ in a small Gould and Goodrich holster.

I took the gun to the range and it shot just fine with the wood stocks. I have very small hands, so the reduced-size grip fit my hand. Someone with large hands would likely have a problem. Even .357 Gold Dot rounds didn't cause the gun to be painful or difficult to control.

Just my test of a budget-priced, fairly minimalist setup for carry. Very pleased with the results. I also just ordered a set of Eagle "Secret Service" grips for the gun and am looking forward to getting them.

charter_wood_gripz.jpg

Looks good. As long as it works for you it's all good.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Good looking gun. Love the name "pug". So odd for such a mastiff type round!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array Haywood's Avatar
    It looks great! If it fits you well and you shoot it well, you have a winner. I carry 357 Revolvers. They are my favorite.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Like those wood grips! Now it looks like a CC gun.

Sponsored Links