Are lasers worth it?

This is a discussion on Are lasers worth it? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Amigo, I'm good to ride the river, as long as I have a simple effect gun to ride it with. And, Señor , I'll ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Are lasers worth it?

Hey Amigo, I'm good to ride the river, as long as I have a simple effect gun to ride it with.

And, Señor , I'll skip the coffee, after all of this I could use a shot of " red eye". :)
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

2. Remove Ads

|_| |_| may I join you ? I agree on both my friend, you would be good people to ride the river with.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Now, that may have happened, but its a stretch. Not your common scenario. What the potential buyer really has to decide, is if they want to concentrate on what ifs, or likely happenings. But, its a buyers choice!
    Yes and no. The officer in this situation made creative use of a phenomena that has been documented numerous times - that having a laser dot on their chest can cause a BG to cease his actions without further need for violence.

As I have stated many times - I would not count on this happening, but any potential advantage that I can get for a very modest cost (especially when compared to the financial outlay that can follow a defensive shooting) is an advantage that I want.

I will agree with you that it is the buyers choice. As far as the "what ifs" go - isn't that why we all carry a sidearm in the first place?
    lchamp likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

What ifs; an interesting way of thinking about choices.

Now, I could think of a situation when an M67 frag or even m203 could come in handy. Of course there are extremes to everything, I understand.

I really don't have a dog in this, but my interest is always to give the best advice I can, to help someone make a decision based on their needs, not what the makers, distributors, and people who financially benefit from the sale tell them they have to have.

The bottom line, is if all this so called fact that is espoused in the marketing videos is something that is really going to benefit the user to the full extent they think it will.

My concern is people who get these think it makes them not be able to miss the target. " Just put the red dot on the target and presto", you will hit it.

We use lasers with IR capability and focus on a set of tactics to employ them that does not translate to civilian SD needs. These are very different requirements, and require a completely different set of skill sets tailored to the specific scenarios common to civilian encounters.

If you think you can use it, fine. But don't buy it because you think it increases you ability to hit a target.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Well something may be peculiar to my vision but Tritium night sights look one dementional to me. However with a laser (Crimson Trace), I can see the red dot as the second demention and I am able to shoot that.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links