Defensive Carry banner

Note to self, leave the ATM card when going to a Gunshow!

4K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  Jetfuelrm 
#1 ·
Went to a Gunshow today and although I have been very apprehensive about Kimber's issues(as of lately), I just need to make my own opinion and not hate on a product without owning it. I know, this could be a very expensive experiment but just look at her.....how can you not appreciate her curves! lol. Seriously, I intend to start a full review of this gun as soon as I get some rounds down the barel. As for first impressions, fit and finish, the quality seems top notch. The slide to frame is not the tightest but the barel is firm in place with a very little lateral play(very slight). I checked other Kimber models on the table and they felt tighter but I felt totally comfortable buying it as I thought it was acceptable. I will have to wait and see how the finish wears with the holster use. I will be polishing the throat as is not nice and shiny. More to follow.....

Kimber Super Carry Pro

See less See more
#31 ·
love 1911, have a couple two, three, the kimber has been the most unreliable with multiply FTF have about 400 rounds thru it, and very picky about magazines in it... Taking it to range this weekend will update the to see if it magically stops having errors.. Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Revolver

#32 ·
love 1911, have a couple two, three, the kimber has been the most unreliable with multiply FTF have about 400 rounds thru it, and very picky about magazines in it... Taking it to range this weekend will update the to see if it magically stops having errors.. View attachment 63823
I own 10 1911's of different makers and this is just my first Kimber. I did a lot of research and I was not sold because of all the reported issues they seem to be having. Then I came across some information about Kimber not installing the best recoill springs for optimun performance from factory. The reports suggested that by changing the recoil spring for a stronger one would fix 90% of the issues. I took a chance and bought one because to be honest, Kimber makes great looking guns! I am still testing mine but so far, changing the spring and polishing the ramp seem to solve the problem. Hope you can sort out the issues.

#33 ·
I am happy to report that the Kimber is running like a champ! I have put 500 rounds through it since installing Wolff springs and it hasn't malfunction whatsoever! If you don't mind spending an extra $7 in springs, you wont be dissapointed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.