Note to self, leave the ATM card when going to a Gunshow!

This is a discussion on Note to self, leave the ATM card when going to a Gunshow! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; love 1911, have a couple two, three, the kimber has been the most unreliable with multiply FTF have about 400 rounds thru it, and very ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Note to self, leave the ATM card when going to a Gunshow!

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    love 1911, have a couple two, three, the kimber has been the most unreliable with multiply FTF have about 400 rounds thru it, and very picky about magazines in it... Taking it to range this weekend will update the to see if it magically stops having errors..kimber 1911 small.jpg
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by jblives2ride View Post
    love 1911, have a couple two, three, the kimber has been the most unreliable with multiply FTF have about 400 rounds thru it, and very picky about magazines in it... Taking it to range this weekend will update the to see if it magically stops having errors..kimber 1911 small.jpg
    I own 10 1911's of different makers and this is just my first Kimber. I did a lot of research and I was not sold because of all the reported issues they seem to be having. Then I came across some information about Kimber not installing the best recoill springs for optimun performance from factory. The reports suggested that by changing the recoil spring for a stronger one would fix 90% of the issues. I took a chance and bought one because to be honest, Kimber makes great looking guns! I am still testing mine but so far, changing the spring and polishing the ramp seem to solve the problem. Hope you can sort out the issues.

I am happy to report that the Kimber is running like a champ! I have put 500 rounds through it since installing Wolff springs and it hasn't malfunction whatsoever! If you don't mind spending an extra $7 in springs, you wont be dissapointed!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    I am happy ... put 500 rounds ... it hasn't malfunction whatsoever!
    I'm new here so today's post pointed me back to the beginning of this thread.
    Very nice looking gun.
    Interesting story, thanks for posting all the follow-ups.

Beautiful gun!
    Now I want one.....
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Very nice!
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links