Rossi?

Rossi?

This is a discussion on Rossi? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not a wheel gun guy, but and looking for a low budget gun..around $300 ....for an older woman to use as a house ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Rossi?

Rossi?

I am not a wheel gun guy, but and looking for a low budget gun..around $300 ....for an older woman to use as a house gun.

Question is for you wheel gun guys....What is you opinion of the Rossi?
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

YUCK!!! Get a used Ruger or S&W instead.

Senior Moderator
    Rossi's Serviceable with a terrible trigger that is very heavy and can make accurate shooting very difficult

I would look for a used S&W or Ruger for the same price point or go just a few more $$$ and get a new Taurus 65 or 66 if you must have a new gun.

The Taurus revovlers have a decent trigger that will smooth up over time, just be aware that the screw that holds cylinder release latch will work itself loose while you are shooting them. A little Locktite will cure this.
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Recommend one of the police trade-in S&W Model 10s from Bud's gun shop online:

Used S&W Police Model 10 38sp Round Butt $269.00 SHIPS FREE

That was my choice for an inexpensive house gun. A very well made gun that is very easy to shoot. Mine resides on the nightstand. Here's a picture:

Model10.jpg

Senior Moderator
    I do believe that the used S&W 10 is the way to go
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Great idea lowercase! Good gun too.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    I will put in a vote for the Model 10 also, great gun and at that price too hard to pass up.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Another voice in the chorus... used is the way to go. S&W K-frame (M10, M64) or Ruger (Service Six) are good choices.
    oneshot likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

I have a Rossi 46103, .357 with a 3" barrel. It is an S&W 10/13 size gun. I bought it for $229 brand new. It's a bit heavy for my taste in a carry gun, but I do carry it part of the time. It's my "If I scratch it, I won't sweat it much" gun. Works as it should and goes bang every time. A bit heavy, but I appreciate that a bit as it absorbs the recoil well. My favorite feature has to be the rubber grips. They fit my hands very well as well as my Wife's much smaller hands. I would describe the trigger as moderately heavy, but this is my first wheel gun, so I have no point of reference. My Wife has no problems with the trigger pull.

Bottom line- I'm very pleased with it for what I paid.

Over the years I have owned two Rossi 38's. Never had a peoblem with them and they shot well for a low budget gun. but if you can get a used smith, then that is the way to go.

Nothing wrong with Rossi® revolvers; my wife carries and shoots one & loves it. Take a look here to see what Rossi® revolver owners say..........
    Rossi Revolvers
    David
    Only two defining forces have ever died for you.....
    1. Jesus Christ.
    2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine, and Coast Guardsman.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom!

1Cross+3Nails=4Given

I had a 461 2'' barrel great gun but kind of stiff trigger if fired double action

I have a Rossi 38spcl that I got for under $250.00. Snubbie. I have never ever had an issue. It never fails to go boom when I want it to, it is very light and concealable. The ammunition will not set you back. The accuracy is just fine. You can spend a lot more money for a higher end revolver that will not do any better unless you get something with a paper weight of a barrel 58 inches long that can also substitute as a door stop because it is so cumbersome. The Rossi is a quality firearm...maybe it ain't blue chip but it will work fine.

I'd go for a used Model 10 or 64....

My wife has a 3" Stainless Rossi .22LR revolver, bought primarily as a snake gun. It's well-made, for the price. No, it's not a Smith or a Ruger, but it does the job. No direct experience with the .38, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy one if the price was right.

You might also consider an EAA Windicator in .357, if it's for HD and not carry. It's basically a knockoff of a S&W K-Frame, and can be had for around $280 new, last time I looked. They're not as pretty as a higher-end gun, but a good value. I just wouldn't plan to put thousands & thousands of practice rounds downrange with a low-end gun.

Regards,
    Jim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links