Custom Glock 26L- Lots of Pics!

This is a discussion on Custom Glock 26L- Lots of Pics! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was designed around the whole idea for a defensive firearm to be appendix carried. This came to me as a G23 with a "Chop" ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Custom Glock 26L- Lots of Pics!

This was designed around the whole idea for a defensive firearm to be appendix carried.

This came to me as a G23 with a "Chop" job. It was a crude job that work, but the big issue was that the magwell was cut straight across causing your hand to stop the mag from dropping free.

I epoxied & rebuilt the frame , added texture , under cut the trigger , scalloped the mag release , added 3 mag cuts (sides & front). The frame also received a new trigger bar , a 9mm trigger housing and was cleaned up to break at 5lbs.The frame was coated in Sniper Grey Cerakote

The slide had heavy radius work done along with all roll marks removed. A 9mm extractor and spring load bearing was installed. Then the slide had Tactical Grey Cerakote applied and the engraved to match the factory Glock roll marks but with a 26L marking instead of the 23.

The rear sight is a prototype designed by Rob Pincus, of I.C.E. Training Company and the Combat Focus Shooting Program. Claw sights are the most aggressively designed rear sights for one handed manipulations and has a wide .180" notch . They will be made by AmeriGlo.

Looks great! I've always thought that making a 26L by cutting down a G19 and a 19L by cutting down a G17 would give a person the perfect set of CCW pistols. Both would have the advantage of the longer sight radius of the larger models plus the ease of concealment of the smaller. Perfect trade off in size and very practical. Another plus would be the ability to mount a light to the G26L if the mod was done on a Gen 3 or newer G19. I also really like the radius work on the slide, great job!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    That's certainly different. Nice job of salvaging a Glock. Can you add a photo of the rear of the sight?
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; October 17th, 2012 at 09:06 PM.
    oneshot likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I like it! I recently made a "19L" by cutting my gen 4 17 down. I'm still tinkering with the stippling, finger groove removal, etc, but it will get done eventually. Again, nice work.

Good job. I like it:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by msc8127 View Post
    ...made a "19L" by cutting my gen 4 17 down.
    Already carving away at a Gen 4? I'm considering the same project but looking for a used G17 3rd Gen. Nice job Big Dog!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Weird. And here I didn't think Glocks could be any uglier.

Very nice salvage job, though!
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

That is sweet, I love that color as well. How did you apply that texture?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Already carving away at a Gen 4? I'm considering the same project but looking for a used G17 3rd Gen. Nice job Big Dog!
    Yeah, my wife decided my g19 was her new favorite carry gun...so, I made the gen 4 g17 more g19-like.

Awesome mods! Very nice indeed.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

looks awesome man. Great Job.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

There is a "26L" in my Avatar:
    GEDC0566.jpg

ah, so. I see your 26L is what I have been looking for.....except I call it a G19 Covert.....after the Kahr P9 Covert with the chopped handle to accept the PM9 mags. But as funds are limited I am stuck with
    this rusty ol' thing for now with Trijicons.

...love the Cerakote on your mod. I've tried my hand at Durakote, but am not impressed with its durability. Is Cerakote a better finish and how does it hold up compared to Durakote?
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I thought really long and hard about doing this to my G19, but in the end I just couldn't do it.

Gave me an excuse to buy a G26, though. And you can never have too many 9mm Glocks!
    Justified likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Turned out nice I like it ... love the finish

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links