Pick a duty gun - Page 4

Pick a duty gun

This is a discussion on Pick a duty gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; M & P 40 is what I carried and it's a great service weapon. Accurate and points faster to target better to me then the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Pick a duty gun

M & P 40 is what I carried and it's a great service weapon. Accurate and points faster to target better to me then the block. I like the grip a whole lot better then Glock. M & P ergos made glock go to gen 4. Hopefully glock got the gen4's problems corrected with the new springs. If I was going to go glock it would have to be gen3 or earlier.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I put my P229R DAK through the grinder 5+ nights a week. I switched from a G22 in 2004, after discovering the SIG short trigger option, as I am not blessed with long fingers on my large hands. ("Slim" trigger is more descriptive.) I am notably more accurate with the SIG. The one thing I do not like about the SIG is the comparatively high bore axis, which increases muzzle flip. This did not bother me eight years ago, but it does now, as arthritis, or something similar, is starting to affect my formerly stronger wrist. (The snappy .40 is our standard duty cartridge.)

I carry a G23 but if I was a uniformed LEO and didn't need to conceal it and got to choose, I'd upsize to the 22. I love the punch of a .40. People complain about the recoil but remember the first law of ballistics: Snap Back = Push Forward. I wanna know I'm pushing something out with authority.

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    LEOs, call it.
    What do you do your best with? This is the question to answer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links