Would appreciate any current feedback on Kahr CW9 - Page 2

Would appreciate any current feedback on Kahr CW9

This is a discussion on Would appreciate any current feedback on Kahr CW9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have both the CW9 and the CM9. Both have been 100% reliable. I had a CW45 that needed the 200 round break in but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Would appreciate any current feedback on Kahr CW9

I have both the CW9 and the CM9. Both have been 100% reliable. I had a CW45 that needed the 200 round break in but was perfect for over 500 rounds when I sold it.

I have one. It's one of those guns that I want to love but just can't. I just do not care for the trigger. I know lots of people swear they have the best trigger, but still feels like a staple gun to me. Other than that, love the thing.
    Eagleks likes this.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Unlike a staple gun there NO stacking or increased weight during the pull. Just smoooth 6lb pull. Anyone with a open mind can learn to shoot anything well and the trigger should not matter so long as it is smooth and not some heavy gritty mess.

I've got both a CW9 and PM9. The CW9 has been back to Kahr once for a cracked frame. This was with less than 500 rounds through it. It cracked around the trigger hinge pin. So fine of a crack that you couldn't see it. They gave me a new frame with new serial number and moved all the parts from original into the new frame and sent it back. It's not been fired but maybe 25 rounds since then.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

I liked my first CW9 so well I picked up a second one. My Kel Tec PF9 was sold in less than a week. Great trigger, long but smooth. The length of pull, IMO, eliminates the need for a safety. 3.6" bbl. Very accurate and mine have been 100% reliable through hundreds of rounds of all kinds. For me this is the perfect CCW. These guns I will not ever part with.

In the last 2 years I have had two of them. No problems with any of them. Just couldn't love them. I purchased the first one. Carried it for a couple of months then traded it off. About a year and one half later the LGS got another used one in. Great price . Purchased it. Carried it for a couple of months and traded it off. I found them to be good guns. I jsut couldn't love them. No reason I could articulate.

I had the same problem with Sigs. I could shoot them, functioned great. Just couldn't find the joy.
    Flashbacks:
    It is better that I have flashbacks about them, then them having flashbacks about me

USMC RET 1961-1971

KSP
    Great gun. Mine was flawless and shot well. Thin and light. I sold it to a friend who liked it when I got a beretta nano. Even though the nano's been flawless, in the end I'd rather have just kept the cw9. Someday I'll get another one

i have pm9 pm40 cw9 and cw40. the pms both required 200+ rounds breakin but are now perfect. the cws both shot 100 percent from new.

I had one several years ago. It was very accurate and 100% reliable. The main reason I sold it... I couldn't pocket carry it and it wasn't much harder to conceal something with more bullets, ex. G-19. I do have a Kahr-380 now that fits the pocket need. Great guns imo and the CW-9 is one I sometimes regret selling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links