XDS opinions - Page 2

XDS opinions

This is a discussion on XDS opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have over 1000 rounds through mine and love it....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: XDS opinions

Senior Member Array MilitaryArms's Avatar
    I have over 1000 rounds through mine and love it.

Please visit my YouTube channel: The Military Arms Channel

StarPD45
    Quote Originally Posted by CaveJohnson View Post
    I can't get one in my state, but they look very nice. Makes me sad I won't be able to own one unless I move.
    That's a pretty good reason to move. As a Mass. native, I don't see myself ever going back.

So I took a queue from MilitaryArms review, and now have about 950 through my XDs without cleaning it - Still running flawless, shooting everything from Semi-Wadcutters, to +p Speers to some custom hard cast 230gr HP rounds, this gun loves to shoot. I like the benefits for the .45acp for Self-defense and the size as others have stated in this thread is easy to carry, I forget it's in my Harwell IWB more often than not.

I'm going to clean it @ 1500 rounds no matter what, thats just the round count I set my goal at for my personal testing.

As far as total round count, I'm just north of 2K through the gun, and it's actually better now than it was at 500 rounds. The trigger is very smooth now and the recoil feels like it's less (That most likely is me getting used to the gun).

IMO: Perfect carry gun.

NachO

Go ahead treat yourself and buy it

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    for .45 carry, I'm sticking with my Glock 36 or Kahr CW45.
    Zonker-
    Hope you don't mind my asking... but, between the (2) Glock & CW45, Which do you prefer for all day carry?
    I've got a G19 (2nd gen) and shoot it well enough. It just seems to be a bit large for carry (summer) and if I load up the magazine, a bit on the heavy side. I've rented a P9 & P45 and was impressed by the Kahr trigger.
    Wanted to like the XDS but, had miserable rental experience with them at a couple different ranges (also was much more accurate with the Kahrs). Saw a couple video reviews and it looks as though (cept' for grip length) that the XDS & CW45 are very comparable in size.

Thanks for any insight you can give.
    Respectfully,
    Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Zonker-
    Hope you don't mind my asking... but, between the (2) Glock & CW45, Which do you prefer for all day carry?
    I've got a G19 (2nd gen) and shoot it well enough. It just seems to be a bit large for carry (summer) and if I load up the magazine, a bit on the heavy side. I've rented a P9 & P45 and was impressed by the Kahr trigger.
    Wanted to like the XDS but, had miserable rental experience with them at a couple different ranges (also was much more accurate with the Kahrs). Saw a couple video reviews and it looks as though (cept' for grip length) that the XDS & CW45 are very comparable in size.

Thanks for any insight you can give.
    Respectfully,
    Automatic
    If you want to go with a Glock 19-size in .45 with a Kahr price tag, I'd recommend the HK45c.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Bombthrower, I'm confused. Where are you seeing an HK45c for the price of a Kahr CW45? I'm a dealer. I would love to grab up HKs in that price range.

On topic:
    The XDs flips a bit up front, but it's not snappy. I find them easy to control. They conceal as easily as a Shield or LC9, which to me means, "easier than is necessary". I prefer double stacks.

If you're in the market for a single stack 45, I rank them:

1) XDs
    2) Kahr CW45
    3) Glock 36
    Automatic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RBid View Post
    Bombthrower, I'm confused. Where are you seeing an HK45c for the price of a Kahr CW45? I'm a dealer. I would love to grab up HKs in that price range.

On topic:
    The XDs flips a bit up front, but it's not snappy. I find them easy to control. They conceal as easily as a Shield or LC9, which to me means, "easier than is necessary". I prefer double stacks.

1) XDs
    2) Kahr CW45
    3) Glock 36
    Don't forget the Kahr P45. Worth the extra money compared to the CW 45 in my opinion.

I recently shot an XDS that a guy brought to one of my training courses. After the course, he let me shoot a box of ammo through it. I one handed it also and was impressed by how easy it was to control. The grip is too small with the 5 round magazine, for me, however. And the extended magazine makes it too big. For me, the Kahr P45 is just as easy to conceal and a better grip.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

Re: XDS opinions

Heard it's a great gun and performs exactly as promised. The "Made in Croatia" means I'll never buy one, and personally it doesn't feel high quality in the hand (which I know is totally subjective).

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RBid View Post

On topic:

1) XDs
    2) Kahr CW45
    3) Glock 36
    Was comparing a P45 with night sights to a HK45c to get closer to apples to apples. Once I get over $700, a $100 either way is not a big deal to me. I'd compare a CW45 to a G36.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

I hate the XDS. I hate it because I alreay have a wonderful carry gun in the M&P Shield 9. Now I want an XDS, but I've already standardized on 9 mm for my defensive pistols and and have a 9 mm carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by FLSurfdog View Post
    I hate the XDS. I hate it because I alreay have a wonderful carry gun in the M&P Shield 9. Now I want an XDS, but I've already standardized on 9 mm for my defensive pistols and and have a 9 mm carbine.
    Variety = spice of life

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links