XDS opinions

XDS opinions

This is a discussion on XDS opinions within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently got a chance to check out a XDS 45 acp at my LGS and its beautiful, but I'm having some reservations spending the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: XDS opinions

XDS opinions

I recently got a chance to check out a XDS 45 acp at my LGS and its beautiful, but I'm having some reservations spending the money. Opinions on the weapon? Does anyone know of a realistic timeline for when it will be
    available in 9mm or 40? Keep in mind this is the first one I've seen anywhere near where I live. Approx $530.

That this for what it's worth, but I read somewhere on here that the 9 and 40 would be out in the 1Q of 2013.

No Idea for the 9mm or 40 but I have two and each of them have over 1500 rds down range flawlessly.
    pittypat21 likes this.

I've seen articles on the internet that quoted reps as saying this winter for the 9 and 40. So I'm hoping for spring.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    It's been a great gun for me, absolutely love it. No problems, and it's nice having a .45 to carry and not know it's there.

Also, $530 isn't a bad price... seen them go for much more (seen them go for less too, but not often).

I have shot about 250 rounds through a rental XDS and I like it. I have also heard that the 9mm/40S&W version will be out 1st QTR 2013 which will probably mean summer 2013. God Bless

I have one wth 500 rounds through it with no issues other than the slide not locking to the rear in a few instances. Two co-workers also own them and theirs have been flawless. It is a pleasure to carry, very comfortable.

I've got some decision making to do. Might take a coin flip! The gun fits my hands great, but I wish I could shoot it before I make up
    my mind. (no rentals around) I currently have a XD 9 subcompact and I love it, but its a bit fat. Waiting for the 9 or 40 might be a
    smarter option, but who actually knows how long that will take.

VIP Member
    The XDs is pretty nice. With the 5 round mag the grip is just a little short for my comfort so far (I haven't had much trigger time with this gun). With the 7 round mag, the grip seems way to tall to me and rules out pocket carry in this configuration. I will be taking a close look at the XDs in 9mm when it becomes available. I should have resisted the impulse to buy now. If I could do it over, I'd wait and compare it side by side with the 9mm.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

From my understanding *if* they use the same frame, etc. as the 45acp model, then the 9mm will only be a 6+1 and the 40S&W will be 5+1 like the 45acp model. However we will not find out for sure till it comes out. God Bless

So far I have found that the XDS in 9mm is 'projected' to be out by Christmas, and the .40S&W a couple months after that. I'm still not sure if I'll be able to wait that long!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm not a Springfield fan, but it's interesting, and the price seems on par with others in that catagory.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

agree with others here that am waiting for the XDs 9. Perfect size for the 9mm.

for .45 carry, I'm sticking with my Glock 36 or Kahr CW45.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Crow27 View Post
    I recently got a chance to check out a XDS 45 acp at my LGS and its beautiful, but I'm having some reservations spending the money. Opinions on the weapon? Does anyone know of a realistic timeline for when it will be
    available in 9mm or 40? Keep in mind this is the first one I've seen anywhere near where I live. Approx $530.
    I've got one and LOVE it! I've never had a misfire, or jam. I also use reloads in mine and still dont have any problems. my only gripe is the magazine size but I always carry a second mag with me and if I can't end the problem with 11 rounds then I guess I don't deserve to live.

I can't get one in my state, but they look very nice. Makes me sad I won't be able to own one unless I move.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links