I love my PPQ, but...

This is a discussion on I love my PPQ, but... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BritishAgent Or maybe you want to hang on to your cash until the PPX is released. The PPX looks promising, but if ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: I love my PPQ, but...

Quote Originally Posted by BritishAgent View Post
    Or maybe you want to hang on to your cash until the PPX is released.
    The PPX looks promising, but if you're looking to retain the similarity you should stick with the PPS. The mag release alone will be a fairly important issue, or at least in my opinion. Being able to confidently perform the same actions across multiple firearms is a critical skill, and while a button is ubiquitous and simple, the last thing you want is to stall or fumble if a mag change is required because you were looking for the toggle style release. It's happened to me several times swapping between the PPS/PPQ and my 1911 at the range, and that's just casually swapping. Under duress that could get me killed. Ymmv of course :)

2. Remove Ads

What can I tell you? With over 4,000 rounds out of my PPS, and use as my EDC gun, you can guess my opinion.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

I currently have 2 PPQ's in .40. I use them as my EDC with very little issues. I carry mine at 4:00ish with my Crossbreed IW holster. Thinking about selling those and getting the PPQ in 9mm though. Either way I would still use them as my EDC.

I've had a 9mm PPS for almost four years. It's uber reliable (1,800 rds. of assorted fmj/jhp so far with 1 malfunction), accurate and a pleasure to shoot.

Walther hit a home run with this pistol, IMO.

It's top notch gear.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    The obvious choice would seem to be the P99c.

The PPK is a bit heavy for what all you get.

PPS would suffice.

jyo
    I like my PPS 9mm very much---I don't currently own a PPQ, but it could happen! I do have an SW99 (P99 by S&W) in 45 ACP---like it a lot also. As for the PPK, I don't have one and probably won't as I don't want to add the .380 round to the inventory. I do have a 1969 Walther PP in 22 lr---dandy little gun! Over the years, I also picked up a couple of stainless TPHs in 22 lr and a 9mm P5. I guess I like Walthers...

The PPS is the best Walther 9mm for concealed carry, if you can't comfortably conceal a PPQ or P99. The PPX isn't a compact. It's slightly larger than the PPQ. P99c are good pistols, but they aren't much of a departure in ease of concealment from the PPQ/P99.

If I carried single stack, I'd carry a Kahr CW9 or a PPS. Instead, I go with the PPQ in a DeSantis Speed Scabbard most of the year (we wear over garments 8/12 months in Oregon), and a Ruger SR9c IWB during warm weather.

Had a PPK/S some years ago and couldn't wait to get rid of it! it beat the h--l out of the thumb "web" on my shooting hand and, after I sold it, I heard of others who had the same problem. Love my Rosewood gripped Sig 238; you should give it a look. Good luck.
    Last edited by Philly Boy; November 19th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links