Need help with this question - Page 2

Need help with this question

This is a discussion on Need help with this question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy Here is something you can say to this anti-gun person: All people are created equal and are endowed by their Creator ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need help with this question

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Here is something you can say to this anti-gun person:

All people are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights. One of these Rights is the Right of the people to keep and bear Arms, and like all other Rights, this Right shall not be infringed. That means you CANNOT take this Right or any other Right away from me or anyone else. You are free to feel differently. I'm sure you must have some pretty strong feelings about what Rights YOU BELIEVE others SHOULD have and SHOULD NOT have. If you feel so strongly about your desire to strip my Rights from me that you will try to force me to comply with ONLY the Rights YOU WANT me to have, then you must be prepared for me and others like me to defend ALL of our Rights from your infringement. People and Governments DO NOT issue Rights and they DO NOT control Rights. My Rights come from my Creator. If you are not my Creator, then do not try to alter or control my Rights.
    Or she can just stick to the facts.

VIP Member
    I quit having those types of "discussions" with anti's. Their only goal is to bring you down to their level. Why have a battle of wit, with an unarmed person.
    nedrgr21 and oldnfat like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Thanks for your replies! Next time someone asks me why I want a gun I'll just tell them, "so I can be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse." They're all into that now. You're right, what's the point of arguing?

Many some of the info at this site can help you with some of the anti gun folks....

A collection of quotations on the right to keep and bear arms
    About The Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    It's safe to assume your anti- friend doesn't have grass, huh?
    If he does he's probably smoking it..."Make Love Not War"
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Thanks for your replies! Next time someone asks me why I want a gun I'll just tell them, "so I can be ready for the Zombie Apocalypse." They're all into that now. You're right, what's the point of arguing?
    I just tell them somebody keeps stealing my Ice Cream and in Tx during night time hours I can bust a cap in a thiefs rectum,I haven't seemed to lose any ice cream lately
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NCG View Post
    This it?

I would never invade the United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. -- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, commander in chief of the Japanese naval forces and architect of the Pearl Harbor, Early in World War II
    This quote seems to come from a 1953 Japanese movie. actually Yammoto was very used to American ways, spoke fluent English, attended Harvard, and was a US Naval Attachment to Washington for several years. The quote that was confirmed as his was that attacking the us was "like waking a sleeping giant!" He knew that US manufacturing would far over take Japans ability's. DR

You're right, what's the point of arguing?
    To ultimately eliminate the threat. Short of that, it (the 2A and other rights) will always be at risk of loss.

Of course, it does seem a thankless and difficult task, when few of them seem to think or have a brain, at least regarding issues they've already decided upon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Anyway, I already quoted it to my "friend" so now it's in their ballpark to prove me wrong.
    1) Unless you're going into politics, that's a very poor approach to have others see your point of view as it undermines your own credibility.

2) If the other person is very anti-gun, I've come to the conclusion that such conversations are pointless and should be undertaken only if you have absolutely nothing better to do as picking your nose would be a more productive use of your time.

Tell your friend they are wrong, and if they dont concede, hold your breath and stomp your feet till you turn purple....these antis are the same people who are surprised when a shooting occurs in a movie theatre.
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Quote Originally Posted by bunker View Post
    Tell your friend they are wrong, and if they dont concede, hold your breath and stomp your feet till you turn purple....these antis are the same people who are surprised when a shooting occurs in a movie theatre.
    I would surmise that most of their surprise about these shootings comes when they occur in places that don't allow guns. I mean How could that happen? After all, didn't the shooter realize that the theater didn't allow guns?!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    That's the picture I saw with the quote! Thanks!

I do agree that arguing wears you down but worth the time!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links