Help me pick a gun for a shoulder holster/pocket carry...double duty. - Page 2

Help me pick a gun for a shoulder holster/pocket carry...double duty.

This is a discussion on Help me pick a gun for a shoulder holster/pocket carry...double duty. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OP - If your revolver won't fit in some pockets, just bring the pants to a tailor and have the pockets deepened a bit. You ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OP - If your revolver won't fit in some pockets, just bring the pants to a tailor and have the pockets deepened a bit. You can always do minor adjustmemts with safety pins, if the tailor ends up making them slightly too deep.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    While I do own a Galco Miami Classic II for my Sig P229, I'm not a fan of shoulder rigs or that manner of carry except when on long car trips. By asking about a gun to do double duty as a shoulder carried arm as well as pocket carry the Smith 442 immediately comes to the top of my list as that is my preferred pocket carry gun. I carry mine as a BUG in my offside (Left) pants pocket in warmer weather or my off side external jacket pocket in cold weather where my primary gun may be covered and less accessible under layers of clothing.

If you do choose a 442 look for one without the locking device.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    You need to pick one area of the body and stop mess'n around with how you carry. You may want to go from pocket to a iwb if pockets are to small but at the same general location like straight above your pocket when that does not work. Also as hard as it seems for some , a CC handgun is just a tool. Buy your self a toy for mtchs or range duty but pick something that works and leave it alone. How you draw and where you carry should be instintive not go to grab and relize it ain't there. If you shoulder holster you are also confind to wearing a cover up reguardless if a place is heated well. Look at something like this first. This comes with 26 years of cc'n. Mainly with 2 handgun brands with 3 models. 20 years with a revolver and 2 kahrs. Side Guard Holsters - IWB Holsters - Minimal Snap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links