What do you think of Sig Sauer?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Sig Sauer? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have and carry a Sig P220 with Crimson Trace laser night sights. Been carrying it for 3 years. Shoot well....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What do you think of Sig Sauer?

I have and carry a Sig P220 with Crimson Trace laser night sights. Been carrying it for 3 years. Shoot well.
    Sarg80
    Sig P-220 Primary Carry and CZ-75 Primary Carry
    Mauser HSc BUG
    Walther P-1 tertiary carry or when i want a break from the others
    S&W Model 66 (No Dash) for the woods

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That sir is in the eyes (hands) of the beholder.

A Sig fits me like a glove. I will not carry anything else. I have carried a 228 and other Sigs in the military and as my EDC for over 20 years now. Bottom line for me is this: Sig are great. Older Sigs are beyond great. You pay for what you get. I don't give a hoot what one buys or carries and never tell them this trigggger is better than that or this grip is better than that. It is all too subjective and the only thing that matters is the person that owns the weapon feels about it and how well they can shoot it.
    When speaking of ergonomics I was referring to the bore axis towering over the shooting hand leading to more felt recoil. This is pretty well known and not subjective at all. As far a fitting your hand, well your absolutely right, and that's subjective.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    I have two. One for fun SIG Mosquito and one for more serious stuff (home protection) SIGPRO .40 cal. Dependable and well made.

Although my EDC is a SW99.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    I also forgot to mention, if you are looking at buying a Sig, and plan it as a carry gun, spend the extra money to get the SAS model, and Elite if you can.
    The SAS has chamfering, radiusing, and smoothing overall to reduce chances of snag on clothing while drawing. Very nice guns.

I have a Sig P238 that is my edc now, I had a Sig 250 that I sold to a friend of mine. It was a great gun I just never used it back then.
    BradL likes this.

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    From reading forums for years and owning one which I sold a long time ago, they are good guns but not as good as Glocks, Xds, Berettas, or HKs, specially for the price.

Love sigs great guns I own 229, 228, and two of the tac ops 1911s the know how to make a darn fine pistol. And rifles too!

There's not another handgun that I've ever fired that I would trade my p220 SAS for. I typically carry my glocks though.

sent via iCarry

My father owns a Sig 226 Dark Elite and I can shoot my Ruger SR9c just as well as it for less than half the price.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDTrigger View Post
    From reading forums for years and owning one which I sold a long time ago, they are good guns but not as good as Glocks, Xds, Berettas, or HKs, specially for the price.
    I have owned Glocks, and M&Ps. Only have one Glock and its a Gen 2 19. No M&Ps left. (the M&P was OK except the slide release would not stay locked down on disassembly) I have a lot of Sigs none of which have thrown brass back in my face or malfunctioned in any way.
    .XX likes this.
    K9, Colt 3 5 7
    Colt Python 6",4", 2.5"
    Sig P225
    Sig P239 SAS/DAK
    Colt Diamondback
    Colt Trooper .357

I love my Sig P220 Compact SAS gen 2 with short reset trigger

mkh
    Awesome guns. I own a P220, a P229 in 9mm, a SP2022 in .40 and a 1911 Ultra Compact. All are in my carry rotation. You can't go wrong with a Sig.

I just bought my 5th Sig which was my 3rd 229. It won't be my last I am sure.

SIGs rule supreme, in my opinion. I love my Glocks, but a SIG gives me stellar performance with outstanding ergos. Just ordered another, a 220 Dark Elite.
    .XX and ntorchia like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    When speaking of ergonomics I was referring to the bore axis towering over the shooting hand leading to more felt recoil. This is pretty well known and not subjective at all. As far a fitting your hand, well your absolutely right, and that's subjective.
    As you say, much of this is subjective so let me impart my impressions between shooting say a Sig P220 and a Glock 30.....both in 45acp. True, Sig does have a higher bore axis than the Glock, but there is much more at work here than bore axis. The Sig has an aluminum alloy frame which weighs considerably more than the Glock frame. I have 3 Glocks and 4 Sigs so I can speak from experience here. To me, Sigs are a better balanced handgun. I've shot my Glock 30 and Sig P220 side by side and I have a difficult time seeing more recoil in the Sig. They are different.....but I don't see more recoil in the Sig. I carry both of these pistols, although I will admit that I shoot the Sig quicker and more accurately. Each has been perfectly reliable.....
    .XX likes this.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links