What do you think of Sig Sauer?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Sig Sauer? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's an old thread of mine that I meant to link to earlier with some rough bore axis measurements. http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/...g-results.html Edit: forgot to note the ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What do you think of Sig Sauer?

Here's an old thread of mine that I meant to link to earlier with some rough bore axis measurements.
    Recoil in XD 45 vs Sig P220 45 surprising results
    Edit: forgot to note the XD is considerably heavier than glock so that plays into perceived recoil as well.

2. Remove Ads

I've owned alot of different semis, and Sigs are my favorite gun. In fact I only have one non-Sig left (semis) and thats a FiveseveN, and to be honest I'm thinking about selling that to add another Sig.
    I carry a .357mag because no one bickers about the .357mag being "enough".

Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    As you say, much of this is subjective so let me impart my impressions between shooting say a Sig P220 and a Glock 30.....both in 45acp. True, Sig does have a higher bore axis than the Glock, but there is much more at work here than bore axis. The Sig has an aluminum alloy frame which weighs considerably more than the Glock frame. I have 3 Glocks and 4 Sigs so I can speak from experience here. To me, Sigs are a better balanced handgun. I've shot my Glock 30 and Sig P220 side by side and I have a difficult time seeing more recoil in the Sig. They are different.....but I don't see more recoil in the Sig. I carry both of these pistols, although I will admit that I shoot the Sig quicker and more accurately. Each has been perfectly reliable.....
    umm the Glock 30 is a sub compact... So I would hope it would have more recoil than a p220.

Senior Moderator
    I guess they are OK.

I currently have a 220,2 225's,2 226's,230,239,and a 1911 22 for a total of 8.

None of them have failed me yet.
    .XX likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

overpriced, heavy, fat. Quality means nothing if the gun is too big to carry in Florida summers.
    ...and please don't throw up the little 238 .380....I mean seriously....please don't.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    overpriced, heavy, fat. Quality means nothing if the gun is too big to carry in Florida summers.
    ...and please don't throw up the little 238 .380....I mean seriously....please don't.
    Second person I've seen describe them this way...and the other lives in Nebraska.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Two out of 3 of these points applies to 1911's as well so I guess they don't carry those in Florida too......
    But for the rest of us we carry various sizes/calibers/types of handguns depending on the season and what we're wearing.
    But if you only have one handgun then maybe you're right.

The following is to not bash Sigs, but to give some extra insight on them, and hope I don't get any heat from it.
    If you're in the Market for a Sig, I would best suggest a older GERMAN made Sig. Much better QC (in my opinion and mine alone cuz I made em at the Exeter NH facility) than Exeter NH. The way to tell if they're a German gun is the Proof marks under the dust cover on the slide and there should also be 3 serial numbers on the gun. One on the frame, second on the slide and third on the barrel, thus, you know it's been produced, and imported thru Germany. Browning imported them very early, then Interarms, Herndon Va, and Tysons Corner Va. You'll find a lot of guns out there if you look.
    BTW, I own a quite a few German-made Sigs and only one NH made Sig, which is a P239 in 40 cal.
    Good luck on your quest.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Re: What do you think of Sig Sauer?

The Sig 250 has won 2 NRA Golden Bulls eye Awards.

George
    BradL likes this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I really like my wife's P238. I'm now looking for a 9mm Sig for myself.

Love them.
    One of my biggest regrets was selling my P228 that I installed a Laser Max in. The pistol functioned flawlessly, and was highly accurate. I have P238 that I carry everyday, in the process of purchasing a 229 in .40 cal, and am on the list for the 938.

Re: What do you think of Sig Sauer?

Too heavy mostly, and over priced.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Love my P229 & my P6. Great guns!
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Quote Originally Posted by Enzo411 View Post
    Two out of 3 of these points applies to 1911's as well so I guess they don't carry those in Florida too......
    But for the rest of us we carry various sizes/calibers/types of handguns depending on the season and what we're wearing.
    But if you only have one handgun then maybe you're right.
    what's a "season" you speak of? We have hot, hotter, and wet Sauna. Gun rotation is Glock, Glockier and Glockiest, depending on what I'm wearing
    and my mood. Standard dress 365 is a t-shirt and cargo shorts. I don't own a winter coat, boots or a snow shovel. I never turn my heat on in the winter.
    I have a bunch of 1911's (real ones without the external extractor) but rarely carry them. If you have suggestions on deep concealement for a 1911
    while wearing a Speedo while strolling along South Beach, by all means chime in. Sometimes I miss the north with all the clothes you can wear to hide
    guns.....until it gets down to about 20 below up there....and its 78 and sunny here.
    lchamp likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Love my P229 & my P6. Great guns!
    hey, how 'bout them Cardinals? Great series.

Choked like fat kid (sorry....horizontally challenged) at an all you can eat buffet.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links