What do you think of Sig Sauer?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Sig Sauer? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wingit I am thinking of buying one of these. What do you guys think of their guns in general? Among the finest ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What do you think of Sig Sauer?

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    I am thinking of buying one of these. What do you guys think of their guns in general?
    Among the finest production guns you can buy. I have 45 Elite - boy O boy what a gun

BradL and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

2. Remove Ads

If SIG's are good enough for Navy Seal Team Six, then they are probably a pretty good weapon for daily carry.
    detective and Hulley like this.
    I don't want to be a hero, but I'm sure not going to be a victim.

Hydrogen and human stupidty are the two most common elements on earth, not necessarily in that order. -- Albert Einstein

If I tried to take my wife's SIG away she'd probably set my bed on fire.
    Hulley and LaraCroft10 like this.

The Sig is the yardstick by which all other duty guns are measured. Period.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

One more note, that Sig 45 Elite I've had about 6 months and shot it a LOT. Not ONE failure to fire using ANY brand of ammo so far. Flawless shooting.

Now this is what you want in a combat/SD gun. You don't want something you have to fiddle with all the time to solve FTEs, FTLoad, Needing Accuracy Tweaks - all of that - these guns are made WELL, designed Well, Engineered Well, Manufactured Well.

Are they more expensive than some? Yes, they are. But how much is your life worth?

Save the bargains for your shirts.
    Philly Boy likes this.

I'm not overly wild about the direction they've taken since Cohen took over, to be honest. He seems to be doing to Sig what he did to Kimber; letting quality control slide in favor of releasing far more blinged-out variants than anyone could ever really take seriously. Hopefully their semi-recent troubles with winning - and then losing due to reliability issues - contracts with the ATF and the Dutch will serve as something of a wake-up call and they'll get back on track. The company is clearly capable of manufacturing outstanding pistols, and I for one wouldn't mind a 220.
    Glockwatcher likes this.

I want one, and have tried to figure out why I haven't boughten one before now.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Love my Sig!!

Just traded into a P245 yesterday, i've never been a real fan of SIGs this is my 3rd. Never had any issues with them, I too dislike the layout of the controls. I just shot my 245 and hit the slide release on all 3 mags so they didn't lock back when empty. that being said it was ACCURATE and very light recoil, real light. Trigger is better than my HK 45C, light years better. This will be a carry 45 for me, size isn't an issue, it's no bigger than the G 19 that I traded for it. Here it is:

What do you think of Sig Sauer?

My MK25 is my favorite gun ever and I shoot WAY better with it than I do with pretty much anything else
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I adore my P238. *Gollum voice* Myyyyy precioussssss.....*strokes*

My decision to buy the Sig came from a lot of recommendations on here and most of the staff at the LGS (including the crotchety old man sitting silently in the corner that overheard me and suddenly pulled out his P238 and said, "It's the only .380 I'd ever carry." That was testimony enough for me). Every gun enthusiast I've shown it to or told about it was almost literally drooling at the thought.
    Proud owner of a Sig Sauer P238 SAS Explosive Space Modulator.

"I played the powerless in too many dark scenes. And I was blessed with a birth and a death, and I guess I just want some say in between." - Ani DiFranco, "Talk to me Now."

Quote Originally Posted by wingit View Post
    I am thinking of buying one of these. What do you guys think of their guns in general?
    I just bought a SP 2022 (Sig Pro) in 40 cal. It's supposedly the gun that a large part of the LEO community in Europe carries.

I love this gun. It has an external hammer, decocker, is SA/DA, and has a rail below the barrel. For $400, you can't go wrong.

My wife has a 238 and a 938, and I have a 238HD, the 238's have both been flawless. We had some FTF issues initially with the 938, but their customer service was outstanding. It has been completely reliable since we got it back. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

I carry a Sig every day and have complete confidence in my choice. I've put thousands of rounds through it and have not had a single failure of any kind. There are lots of great guns out there and Sig's are absolutely high among them.
    .XX and candalos like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

SILLY BOY! What do YOU think of a juicy steak-- med. rare-- with a side of home cut French Fries, Momma's cole slaw and a long, tall cold one?! THAT'S what I thought!
    LaraCroft10 likes this.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links