What do you think of Sig Sauer? - Page 8

What do you think of Sig Sauer?

This is a discussion on What do you think of Sig Sauer? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a stainless P229 in .40 that I really love shooting but it is just a little too big for me to carry. I ...

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: What do you think of Sig Sauer?

I have a stainless P229 in .40 that I really love shooting but it is just a little too big for me to carry. I bought it from a buddy of mine when he needed some cash but he wants it back now so I'm going to sell it back to him the next time he is in town. He'll actually carry it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard58 View Post
    Great weapons however most are way too heavy and thick for my CC needs.
    had a 226 I didn't like because it was heavy and planned on getting rid of it. Took it to the range and abused it like it owed me money and it fired perfect and accurate. Talked to the person tonight and said I would buy it back after the holidays. Its coming home

I have a P239, currently in .357 Sig configuration. Carry both IWB and OWB

C.C. a Sig p250. Could have bought a glock, xd, ruger, smith, etc, etc. but the p250 just fit my hand better. Like I'm sure everyone here does I researched this gun to death before purchasing it. Once I got past all the negative reviews the generation 1 guns received and got into the generation 2 gun reviews that showed the bugs had been worked out I went ahead with my purchase. 400 dollars got me a compact 250 polymer frame, stainless slide with sig night sights, three mags and a hard case. 800 rounds in just under 3 months zero failures. Best 400 bucks I ever spent. If you find the steel sigs a bit to heavy for everyday carry give their plastic pistols a once over ( p250 and sp2022) my opinion is they are just as good if not better than the competition at a better price. YMMV.

I rented more than a dozen guns at the local range and put 25-50 rounds through each. Nothing was as accurate for me as the Sig p229, so that is what I bought. I was very concerned that it was too big to carry so I then bought a p239. I love both and now have a Remora holster for each. I have carried the p229 and it really is not too big, especially in the colder months here.

I have put more than 1,000 rounds through the p229 and at least 300 through the p239. They operate wonderfully and the only FTE I have experienced was two days ago with some reload ammo that was very cheap.
    Last edited by Curzyk; December 23rd, 2012 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling

No issues here..

After shooting my buddies P250 Full size 9 last year and loved the way it felt... that's when I got my first Sig. Love it, no issues and for me... very accurate. People laugh when I set the targets 50 ft. down.... they stop when the targets come back.

I love Sigs. There is nothing like a P220 or P228 with out a rail.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

I guess the design is getting a bit long in the tooth...at least in comparison to the current crop of plastic guns. For that matter, I'm not gett'n any younger, either. I own a P245, P220 and P226-all German guns. Several years ago, I picked up a P226R Exeter gun. All four are astonishingly accurate and go-to-the-bank dependable. All are double/single action and their triggers have very nearly identical tactile properties. Yeah, I carry 'em. They fit common holsters. If I was starting over, I'd go unhesitatingly to the dark side. But I've too much time and money invested in the Sigs to change now. Guess there really isn't any reason to, anyway.

PC

What's not to love?
    ~ Sigsi Paige

I've not owned a Sig (yet) but I've fired quite a few rounds through them. I really like their 1911's, really great examples of the breed and hard to beat for the price. The Sig P226 is a great shooting gun but not my cup of tea as a carry gun. I've long been a Cocked & Locked auto guy but have been dabbling in striker fired guns. To me the traditional "crunchenticker" is the worst of both worlds. Still, that's just my preference and no reflection on the quality of Sig guns.

When I did my CCW test, I used a Sig. It was a great gun and I was impressed with the realization that there was tens of thousands of rounds put through it.

It is the instructors that he uses for the shooting part of the class.

Over the last 20 years I have carried 1911s, Sub Compact 1911s, Springfield XD Service, Sub compact, Walther PPS and Glocks....my current carry is my Sig P229 and will probably be my beginning of the Signess. I carry it every day in my Remora 10ART. Fantastic gun, outstanding quality, laser accurate. No complaints at all.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

What do you think of Sig Sauer?

I think Sigs are the best made of all the guns. They have released new models without all the bugs worked out and it has hurt their reputation some. The P238 and P938 had problems in the earlier models but are great now and are what is expected from a Sig. I own a P238.P938,P229. and P250. I have never had one hiccup out of any of them and all are very accurate. You can buy cheaper guns but you get what you pay for. I had a friend that dropped his Glock and tried to catch it. He hit the little trigger safety and it went off and killed him. I don't feel like a Glock is idiot proof enough for most people and I don't even like being around one.

Distinguished Member Array Eric357's Avatar
    I have wanted a Sig for 25 years. I just bought a 229 sas e2 in .40 last week. I'm looking forward to using this gun.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Hard to go wrong with a SIG.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links