Caracal Pistol Recall

This is a discussion on Caracal Pistol Recall within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm posting this as a safety issue, not to dog the manufacturer. I own a Caracal C model and LOVE it. Apparently there has been ...

Thread: Caracal Pistol Recall

Caracal Pistol Recall

I'm posting this as a safety issue, not to dog the manufacturer. I own a Caracal C model and LOVE it. Apparently there has been at least one Caracal pistol discharge after being dropped. If you have a Caracal pistol odds say that yours is on the list. Read it all here

Caracal

Be Safe.
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

2. Remove Ads

Just an update---I called them this morning at exactly 8 a.m. central time. The CS Rep took all my info, but said he had no idea how the company was going to proceed with the recall. Bummer. All I got was, "somebody will call you back."

Good Luck, if you have a Caracal!!!
    SOLD my guns.
    Proud owner of a 12lb. Chinese pug that is DANGEROUS and is soon to be registered!

Never heard of it. Thought it was the capital of Venezuela.

Here's a high round count review on a full size model.

Caracal F 9mm, Long Term test Update & Recommendation - YouTube
    SOLD my guns.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    I am going to watch this recall and see what they change or how it changes the trigger pull. I have not dropped a firearm in 46 years and would hate to loss this great trigger pull. Lots of other pistols out there that never went in for so many quiet recalls or companies that had problems but never stepped up.

VIP Member
    Interesting. I was under the impression that they were striker-fired "half-cocks" like Glock and M&P. Does this suggest that it's a fully-cocked striker fire?

(Please forgive my Caracal ignorance)

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Interesting. I was under the impression that they were striker-fired "half-cocks" like Glock and M&P. Does this suggest that it's a fully-cocked striker fire?

(Please forgive my Caracal ignorance)
    It is a partially-cocked striker. A Caracal has a cocked indicator-essentially the user can see part of the striker assembly through a hole in the slide plate cover. When pulling the trigger on the Caracal the user can see the striker indicator move rearward before the striker is released. Caracal pistols have a different type of striker block-it is not a plunger-type block like in the Glock. It has to be moved laterally by the trigger mechanism. This is one feature that I believe gives the Caracal a great trigger. I've heard the 'fix' will be a different trigger group...I hope it doesn't mess up the trigger pull...
    SOLD my guns.

Links