Taurus 941 Ultra-lite 22 magnum revolver

This is a discussion on Taurus 941 Ultra-lite 22 magnum revolver within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up a Taurus 941 Ultra-lite (stainless) in 22 WMR. This is a small, light revolver, perfect for a pocket or ankle holster. I paid ...

Thread: Taurus 941 Ultra-lite 22 magnum revolver

Picked up a Taurus 941 Ultra-lite (stainless) in 22 WMR.
    This is a small, light revolver, perfect for a pocket or ankle holster.
    I paid $374 for it, with sales tax.
    I have not shot it for accuracy yet, only to check function, which was fine. It's a frame mounted firing pin, and the strike against the cartridge case is quite strong.

Although well made, the final finish (polish, screw timing, etc) is pretty lousy. The serial number appears stamped, but all the other markings appear to have been done by laser.

The double action trigger pull appears close to 20 lbs. It's ridiculous, although I realize that rimfires require a strong firing pin hit to reduce misfires.
    The edges of the trigger are sharp and uncomfortable. The bob on the hammer needs to be slightly wider, and the serrations need to smoothed a bit with a file.

I am going to send it off to the gunsmith to polish, cerrakote, re-work the action and springs, and modify the hammer.
    With a good gunsmith, this can be a nice pistol.
    Out of the box, it seems kind of mediocre.
    My wife (5'2") loves the weapon, and wants this to be her carry piece while walking the dog in the evenings.

I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

When I worked at a range that had rentals, the Taurus rimfire revolvers worked the longest. We were very hard on guns and especially destructive to .22s and the 94-series held up better than the more expensive S&Ws. Wolff has spring kits that make a big difference.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Sponsored Links