Any HK 45C users here?

This is a discussion on Any HK 45C users here? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got it yesterday and went to the range with it tonite, AWESOME! Recoil is light for a 45, shoots like a laserbeam and fits just ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any HK 45C users here?

Got it yesterday and went to the range with it tonite, AWESOME! Recoil is light for a 45, shoots like a laserbeam and fits just right in my hand. I love it!

2. Remove Ads

I've got one and carry it in a RCS IWB holster. It's got great feel and I like the ability to carry cocked/locked or DA depending on situation or whose carrying it (my wife or I).
    Member: GeorgiaCarry.Org

VIP Member
    Not impressed with this nor the HKP30. Boy I tried, but just could not like the trigger. I even got a Bruce Gray trigger job and it was still poor compared to many other firearms out of the box. Loved the ergos and they are reliable, but I am convinced that HK has the poorest trigger per cost of each firearm.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nframe357 View Post
    Got it yesterday and went to the range with it tonite, AWESOME! Recoil is light for a 45, shoots like a laserbeam and fits just right in my hand. I love it!
    I was afraid of that! Congrats on the new blaster, I'm sure it will serve you well.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Not impressed with this nor the HKP30. Boy I tried, but just could not like the trigger. I even got a Bruce Gray trigger job and it was still poor compared to many other firearms out of the box. Loved the ergos and they are reliable, but I am convinced that HK has the poorest trigger per cost of each firearm.
    I agree the trigger sucks plain and simple, it shoots this well with the lousy trigger, just imagine how great it could be with a good trigger.
    JD likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nframe357 View Post
    I agree the trigger sucks plain and simple, it shoots this well with the lousy trigger, just imagine how great it could be with a good trigger.
    Frankly with a good trigger it would arguably be one of the best firearms made.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I picked up a HK45c V1 on Election Day and put 150 rounds through it today. I kind of get the complaints about the trigger, but after 3 mags I had it figured out. It's a long DA pull, and fairly long for SA but the break was consistent and either started to smooth out or I got used to it. In any case, I was shooting silver dollars from 7 yards in no time, and I will carry this IWB in rotation with my CZ P-01.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

jyo
    Both my 45C and P30S pistols are DA/SA---both shoot really well---I don't seem to have any issues with the trigger---no it ain't a 1911/P35 (I have those as well)---yeah, its different, but I just don't have a problem with the trigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links