Any HK 45C users here?

This is a discussion on Any HK 45C users here? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trading into one and have seen lot's of good feedback online but couldn't find anything here on them. Any of you folks carry one? What ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any HK 45C users here?

Any HK 45C users here?

Trading into one and have seen lot's of good feedback online but couldn't find anything here on them. Any of you folks carry one? What do you think of it?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I have an HK 45 USP Compact that I really like a lot. Shoots incredibly easily, breaks down and cleans easily as well. Just a great gun that I really like a lot. I do not have any holstering options for it yet, but I would not hesitate to carry it -- I bought it from a former deputy that carried it as his duty weapon for many years, so I'd bet on it's reliability.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

KoB
    Excellent weapon! Mine started out as my original CCW, but with practice I discovered that the slide was too long for me (noticed i was swinging gun from holster and not pulling...just didn't feel right to me). So now she (HK 45C V1) is my nightstand gun and my HK P2000sk. 40 Light LEM took over belt duty.

Other than size and my desire to send back to HK for it to be converted to Light LEM, I have nothing negative to say about this pistol; if I did, I would've traded/sold it.

Light LEM is the way to go!

VIP Member
    I love USP pistols, particularly the compact versions. I believe the USP45c is the best of the lot. I don't own one, but wish I did. I just have an irrational hate for the HK company itself and won't give my money to them. I'd gladly trade any pistol I own for one, throw in some cash, and call it a great day. But sadly it seems that most folks keep the things once they buy them, so there isn't a lot of buying to be done.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I'm also in the same boat (just waiting to sell my newish 9mm XDm). Not to highjack, but any thoughts on the USP 45C vs 45CT? Does the treaded barrel make any appreciable diference in accuaracy, carry comfort, ect...A surpressor might me a nice option in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    I'm also in the same boat (just waiting to sell my newish 9mm XDm). Not to highjack, but any thoughts on the USP 45C vs 45CT? Does the treaded barrel make any appreciable diference in accuaracy, carry comfort, ect...A surpressor might me a nice option in the future.
    Threaded barrels are available for purchase on their own, probably going to get one for mine.

I have an HK 45c and it's a great pistol. I had it as my carry gun for a while, I shot it at Front Sight a couple of years ago, it fits my hand like a well fitted glove, and it is totally reliable. My biggest issue is you have to learn two trigger pulls, second gripe is it's a little fatter than my 1911. It conceals well, it's not too heavy, it has a rail and will take a small light - all in all an awful lot to like. That said I went back to my 1911 because it has a superb trigger, I'm faster on target with it and I shoot it more accurately, it also has the added benefit of having a .22 conversion kit that I use a lot. If the HK was my only gun, would I feel at a disadvantage? Not only no, but hell no.

I have one. Mine is still fully German made before US started to make them. It has trijicon night sights and light LEM. trigger.
    I would recommend LEM over DA/SA. It is very good pistol and accurate. My 18 years old son can shoot it better them my other HK's in 9mm. It is not very heavy for 45 ACP. I like the classic simple grip.
    It shoots very soft for 45 ACP. Any ammo, no issue. I have about 2500 rounds on it. It feels like it is built like a tank.

Vodek

It's a deal, we do the swap tomorrow. I'm pretty psyched about it, i'll post some pics when I get it.

VIP Member
    You will be very happy with the move! I like the H&K products.

I've been very pleased with the accuracy and dead nuts reliability of my HK 45C. It absolutely devours any fmj or jhp ammo it's fed.

Great pistol, congratulations on your new purchase.

You might enjoy this link: New HK45C Storms Through Best Ranger Competition - Gun Digest - We Know Guns So You Know Guns
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nframe357 View Post
    It's a deal, we do the swap tomorrow. I'm pretty psyched about it, i'll post some pics when I get it.
    I half hope you love the gun. I also half hope you hate it and you contact me when you decide to get rid of it.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

jyo
    Certainly one of the finest smaller 45s---it has become my favorite small 45!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I half hope you love the gun. I also half hope you hate it and you contact me when you decide to get rid of it.
    You'll be first on the list IF I hate it

HK45c

Have one in LEM. Carries well in a Raven OWB and has become my winter carry piece. Swapped out the baseplates for flat ones and it's no more difficult to conceal than a G19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links