Replacement for LCP

This is a discussion on Replacement for LCP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sights on pocket 380's are pointless whether they are 'good' or not, it's a point and shoot gun, best to train that way. Tapatalk - ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Replacement for LCP

Re: Replacement for LCP

Sights on pocket 380's are pointless whether they are 'good' or not, it's a point and shoot gun, best to train that way.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

2. Remove Ads

Bersa Thunder 380
    Taurus 709 slim
    S&W shield
    Bersa bp9cc
    Tuarus tcp
    Khar cw9
    These are a few to check out And most can be had for under the $500 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal1911 View Post
    I think another Kahr fanboy is upset that someone dislikes the design and aesthetics of a gun they adore...
    You posted here asking for help and then respond with an antagonistic post like this. I don't think you'll get much yardage like that.

Moving forward, there have been some good suggestions here. Perhaps detailing what you don't like about the LCP, LC9, PF9 or P11, you might get a few more palatable suggestions.
    NRA Certified Instructor - RSO - Life Member

The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.
    -Albert Einstein

I have no problem recommending the M&P Shield. I have both, LCP and Shield. The Shield would be a good replacement for the little .380.

If you're going to step up with a slightly larger size gun, you may as well step up in caliber as well. The Shield does that.

While the Shield may not be "the best" pocket carry gun, it can be pocket carried adequately (depending on the size of the pockets). Just know that like anything, what works for one person, may not work for everyone.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I have a DB9 that rides in my pocket if I need something small/easy to carry.

It definitely is a picky eater and won't shoot everything flawlessly like it's older "cousins". (Glock, XD, etc. etc.) My experience has been dirty brass causes FTE malfunctions in these little guys. I carry it with 124gr golden sabers so the nickel plating makes it work slick. Over 100 rounds just in the golden sabers through it and 0 malfunctions with that ammo.
    Bark'n likes this.

i have both the lcp and lcr,i really don't find the lcr any more difficult to pocket carry then the lcp, plus you have .38+p capability.I'd recommend giving the Ruger lcr some consideration...

Senior Member Array TonyDTrigger's Avatar
    An LCR would be a nice choice. I would get the .357 magnun one, and carry + p .38s.

I would recommend against the Taurus TCP, they just don't seem to be built right, I have one and may just sell it in a gun buy-off, not sure I'd feel right selling it to anyone that might intend to actually use it.

Re: Replacement for LCP

Umm, Ok.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

VIP Member
    Get 642 with no lock, while they still make them...I think their 395.oo at my LGS.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    For a few reasons I am looking to find a replacement for my LCP. I'm looking for something around the same size, maybe slightly larger, semi or revolver, chambered in 380, 9mm or .38spl. No LC9 or PF9 or P11 suggestions. Have had and disliked all three. As it stands I already have a G23 and G23, so I don't need anything as large as the G23.

So far the guns that I am considering are the Taurus 85 ultra-lite and TCP 380, S&W 637 (can't find one in stock anywhere) and bodyguard 380. Also considering the Diamondback 380 and I.O. Inc Hellcat.

Looking for opinions on those considerations and other recommendations. Thank you
    forget .38sp and .380. Stick with 9mm for SD/HD. 9mm is a far more powerful round than either of the other two options, and you may need that power to penetrate heavy layered clothing, or shatter the pelvis of a charging attacker. Center of mass/high center is lethal, but it's not always a stopping shot. It can take a person a while to bleed out from even a shot to the heart. A shot to the pelvis, shattering the hips or pelvis when they are charging you though, will stop them in one step. The legs can't function without the supporting structure of the hips. This area is also below the line of body armor, moves less and is a larger target than the head, and has a tremendous amount of blood flow.

That said, Look at the S&W M&P Shield, and consider buying Trijicon or similar night sights for it, and use the extended magazine that gives you the 4th finger grip buttplate.

That'd be my recommendation.

Boberg XR9-S 9mm slightly larger than an LCP.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Replacement for LCP

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    forget .38sp and .380. Stick with 9mm for SD/HD. 9mm is a far more powerful round than either of the other two options, and you may need that power to penetrate heavy layered clothing, or shatter the pelvis of a charging attacker. Center of mass/high center is lethal, but it's not always a stopping shot. It can take a person a while to bleed out from even a shot to the heart. A shot to the pelvis, shattering the hips or pelvis when they are charging you though, will stop them in one step. The legs can't function without the supporting structure of the hips. This area is also below the line of body armor, moves less and is a larger target than the head, and has a tremendous amount of blood flow.

That said, Look at the S&W M&P Shield, and consider buying Trijicon or similar night sights for it, and use the extended magazine that gives you the 4th finger grip buttplate.

That'd be my recommendation.
    As I said earlier, if I can conceal my G27 I do, I am simply getting a replacement for my pocket/backup gun. There are times that my attire prevents me from carrying a larger caliber, but the gun I have on me is better than the one that I didn't, hence the reason for the size restriction. It needs to be something that will completely disappear in a pocket.

I already went out and bought the DB380. Found an amazing deal on it, had the best feeling trigger of the group and was the most comfortable to conceal and hold.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. - Han Solo
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    As I said earlier, if I can conceal my G27 I do, I am simply getting a replacement for my pocket/backup gun. There are times that my attire prevents me from carrying a larger caliber, but the gun I have on me is better than the one that I didn't, hence the reason for the size restriction. It needs to be something that will completely disappear in a pocket.

I already went out and bought the DB380. Found an amazing deal on it, had the best feeling trigger of the group and was the most comfortable to conceal and hold.
    If you're worried about the Shield's size, check out videos about this gun on Youtube by "FaliaPhotography"
    She's slender, tiny, and it's her favorite carry gun, even in tight fitting clothing. Just sayin'

He already got a DB380.

/thread :)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links