Sig Sauer 1911

Sig Sauer 1911

This is a discussion on Sig Sauer 1911 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking at purchasing my first 1911 & the two I am looking at are the Sig C3 with Crimson Trace Laser or the Ultra Two ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Sig Sauer 1911

Sig Sauer 1911

Looking at purchasing my first 1911 & the two I am looking at are the Sig C3 with Crimson Trace Laser or the Ultra Two Tone. Which do you fellas recommend? I plan on carrying this pistol from time to time in a nice OWB holster.

C3

1911 C3

Ultra

1911 Ultra Two-Tone

Hard to go wrong (although IMO you could go more right with a Colt). I like the two-tone best, but there is no real reason behind it.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

I have a Sig 1911 C3 that's my EDC. It's a totally reliable weapon with an excellent trigger and far more accurate than I am. You won't be sorry to own one.

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaikane0812 View Post
    I have a Sig 1911 C3 that's my EDC. It's a totally reliable weapon with an excellent trigger and far more accurate than I am. You won't be sorry to own one.
    Glad too hear that! I had one of the early ones & had FTF SS DF's cracked two different barrel bushings. Sent the darned thing back too SIG twice,tried different (factory) ammo different magazines . Just could not get it too run! After 3000 rounds I gave up & traded it off.

Too bad because it carried so well & was acccurate enough & handled great!

I have heard SIG has the bugs all worked now & the newer ones run fine.

May have too give the c3 another try,sure is a good looking pistol.

Last year I was very close to buying an RCS which is essentially the same as the C3. I ended up buying a similar Wilson Combat pistol used. I have other fairly high end 1911's and was really taken with the Sig. That said, I really like that two tone job too ! The C3 will be more pleasant to shoot, but I have to say my favorite pistol to shoot is my Colt Officers ACP (very similar to the smaller SIG).

The slide shape is a bit different on the Sigs, as I am sure you are aware, so holsters can be a minor issue at times.

While I agree with Brad above about the Colt, it's awfully hard to find a Colt with the features of a SIG 1911 for anywhere near the price.
    NRA Life Member

If you haven't done so already, I would do some more online research and look at feedback from owners. As long as they are both reliable, go with the one that you like the best. If it were me, all things being equal, I would go with the Ultra, but again, only of it's reliable. Some sub-compact 1911s are notorious for having feeding problems due to the steep angle of the feed ramp used to accommodate the shorter length.

VIP Member
    I had a Sig RSC, which is the C3 with custom shop carry treatment done to it. Great gun, easy to carry and accurate. Either should do you well.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

NMB
    I have had the privilege of shooting a C3, its was VERY nice.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

I like the C3 because it comes with the Crimson Trace Laser & is a little cheaper in price compared to the Ultra. But the Ultra seems like it would Conceal Carry a little better due to it's size. What do you guys think?

I've fired a 3" barrel Kimber Ultra Carry and it was great to shoot ... owner said he had no problems with feeding. As a Sig owner, I'd have no trouble buying the Ultra. I also have a Nightmare Carry (4.25") and it is just sweet. I do have my eye on the Sig Ultra too though. It would just be that much easier to conceal and I already have two larger guns.

So ... the C3 is probably a surer bet, but I doubt either one would bring you buyer's remorse.

Either way post up when you get it!

mkh
    I have the Ultra and love it.

The C3 is a commander slide with an officer size frame. It takes down the traditional 1911 way. The Ultra is an officer size slide and frame. It takes down without having to remove the barrel bushing i.e. by pushing out the slide release. I prefer it and think it has a lot to down with making the 3.5" barrel work properly.

Can't go wrong with either. I have the RCS (C3 with a melt job) and love it.

I like both sizes but trying to figure out which to purchase first. Why does this have to be so hard! Haha...

Seems to me the Ultra would be more versatile due to its size. My Ultra CDP is extremely accurate and reliable, and it conceals well. That is why I would go with the smaller model. However, in the end, you must ultimately decide what you think works best for you. Decisions, decisions. Of course you could always get both!

I pulled the trigger on the C3 with the Crimson Trace Laser Grip for a little over $800.00 I felt it was hard to beat. Thanks fellas for all the advice & help!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links