Another M&P vs Glock Question

This is a discussion on Another M&P vs Glock Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Switchblade906 No offense to you guys who own a M&P but i just dont like the way they look, and i think ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Another M&P vs Glock Question

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    No offense to you guys who own a M&P but i just dont like the way they look, and i think thats the only reason why i went with the glock over it and i think even the XD
    You say what you will about me, but I'll be DARNED if I sit here and listen to you talk bad about the looks of the M&P!

Nah, kidding... no offense taken. And hey, compared to the beauty of the Glock, all other guns will seem ugly...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

2. Remove Ads

I carry a Glock 26. I previously carried a XDM 9mm. I went into the shop looking for a subcompact XDM 9mm. I hated how the Glocks look and I liked the grip safety of the XDM. I walked out with the Glock because of the program they have for the military and government folks(Leo's and first responders). I had night sights put on. I walked out with a generation 3 with factory night sights for under $500. The new SA was $700. I love it. I carry it more hunting then anything else. I think SW historically makes their semi-autos with to many moving parts. I know some one who is his second .40 sc because of a failure to feed. Isolated but he was a cop. I just don't consider SW personally.

12+1 vs 12+1....its a tie. Both are great guns, but I find that I carry the G26 more than the M&P.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Isn't the G26 10+1?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

yes but the above picture has a pierce +2 mag extension on it.

Gotcha.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I love my Glocks. The 26 is a great gun. However I usually carry my 19 since I can.

Distinguished Member
    I went from hating glocks to loving em after I shot em. Went from an M&P 40c to my G23 for EDC.

Mostly because I didn't like the small grip I got with the m&p compact. Then I didn't like that my m&p didn't feed steel case ammo very well. And the m&p was a little more bulky and about as heavy as the bigger glock. Also the trigger wasn't as nice as a stock glock.

I like my glock alot more. It is just a tad slimmer to me and just more streamlined and flatter, making it better for carry. And for me its alot more comfortable to shoot.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Fwiw ... I put the Apex sear in my m&p 9c and a sear and ultimate striker block my M&p 45c. It definitely made the triggers better. ... Once the parts were really broken in, the trigger felt too light for carry so I put the m&p 9c back to stock. The 45c with the Apex sear and the ultimate striker block has a very smooth trigger pull just under 4lbs ... Great for the range, but light for carry. Moral of the story ... The M&P triggers smooth out nicely after use (and/or a little polishing) ... I have 4000+ rounds though my 9c and it has a nice smooth trigger

Having said that, I'm more likely to carry my g26 with 10 round mag. For me, it's just a little easier to conceal. Plus it has never failed in 5000 + rounds.

I had a Gen. 3 G26, it was a great gun, but just didn't fit My hand.
    I sold the G26 and bought a M&P 9c. It is just as good and fits my hand much better.
    accessbob likes this.

yes but the above picture has a pierce +2 mag extension on it.
    actually its a Glock factory 12 round mag. Don't care for the Pearce thingy's as they leave a gap that pinches my pinky.
    I have the Glock factory mags with grip extensions for my G33 and G27 also that makes them 11+1 in .40 and .357.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

The Glock 26 is a wonderful subcompact 9mm pistol. I own a Gen. 3 Glock 26 and have over 3,000 rounds with never a failure. It's a very small, easy to conceal firearm. Don't take offense if you own one, but I've never been attracted to all those small single stack 9's that have been so popular recently. Sure they are a little lighter by a couple of ounces, but they don't compare to the 26 which has a capacity of 10+1 with flush fitting mag. I can pocket carry the 26 and it virtually disappears in a tuckable holster. Give me 10 rounds of +p 9mm in a pistol weighing 19-20oz over a pistol holding 6+1 weighing 17-18 ounces. And....you can get +2 Glock mags for the 26.....that's what I use if I carry the pistol iwb vs pocket. That gives you 12+1 rounds. At this point I think I would avoid getting one of the Gen 4's since they seem to be having issues.....stick with a Gen 3.

Distinguished Member

Re: Another M&P vs Glock Question

No offense to you guys who own a M&P but i just dont like the way they look, and i think thats the only reason why i went with the glock over it and i think even the XD
    That's cool. I like M&P's for the reverse reason. I think they look way better than the Glocks.

But the main reason I do M&P over Glock is that the feel in my hand is better. I have shot the 26, 27, and 23. The 26 and 27's trigger guards are too close to the bottom of the trigger for me. It pinches my finger whereas my M&P doesn't.

But they shoot quite accurately. About the same as my M&P for me. I also don't like the split trigger safety. It just doesn't feel right to me.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite using Tapatalk 2
    Kilowatt3 likes this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

I don't care if it looks like a dead cat so long as it has the features I want and doesn't have the ones I don't want.

Thanks for all the responses. Still not sure what I want to do. My M&P does shoot great, is reliable, and has NEVER given me a problem. I might just wait till tax time and buy the G26 and put them through a head to head in MY hands. Dunno.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links