Another M&P vs Glock Question

This is a discussion on Another M&P vs Glock Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MLittle At this point I think I would avoid getting one of the Gen 4's since they seem to be having issues.....stick ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Another M&P vs Glock Question

Quote Originally Posted by MLittle View Post
    At this point I think I would avoid getting one of the Gen 4's since they seem to be having issues.....stick with a Gen 3.
    That was only true for the Glock 19/17 and they have corrected the problem with a lighter recoil spring. The 26/27 they didnt change the recoil spring because the gen 3 already had the double recoil springs.

So no Glocks dont have problems anymore.

2. Remove Ads

I loved my Glocks until I shot a couple of M&Ps.....sold the g30sf and gave g26 to my wife. I shoot M&Ps much better and they fit my hand better, as well. I bought M&P9 Pro for IDPA & USPSA and a 9c to replace the g26 I gave to my wife. Although I carry a Dan Wesson CCO daily, the 9c is sure handy to stick in a pair of shorts AIWB or with a full size 17 round magazine/adapter when I'm working in the heat and don't want to sweat all over my CCO. Nothing against Glocks....they're great pistols....M&Ps just fit me better personally!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    I do love the grip of the M&P. Though I still carry Glocks the M&P is a great feeling gun and I am currently looking for a good deal on one. I want a 9mm M&P bad.

I went from G19 & G26 to MP9 & MP9c. The 26 is smaller and more concealable. Stick with the one that meets the best intersection of 1) personal fit & feel, 2) personal accuracy, and 3) concealable fit in your personal life. See the thread there....what fits you personally. All the "mine is better" stuff is not worth considering in my opinion. The M&Ps are better for me. I shoot them better. They fit better for me. The concealablilty work for me....most of the time. I'll never go back to Glock. I did buy a Kahr PM9 this year for tshirt and shorts weather. I also added the Apex Forward Sear Set to both of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by chiliman View Post
    I also added the Apex Forward Sear Set to both of mine.
    I also added the Apex FSS & Trigger Kit to my 9c and the Apex Competition Kit to my 9Pro........SWEEEEET Triggers! Noticeably faster and more accurate with the Pro in USPSA & IDPA!
    Proverbs 3:5-6
    "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Personally, I think it's insane to make any attempt to seriously compare the two platforms. They are both excellent if not awesome pistols. Pretty much end of story.

You can nit-pic both guns to death and in the end, you still end up with two excellent guns. Buy one, or buy both, in the end, you won't have any definitive answers.
    yz9890 and zonker1986 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links