Another M&P vs Glock Question

This is a discussion on Another M&P vs Glock Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I have been rocking my M&P9c for some time now. Sure, I switch around the 1911's in the carry rotation, but the 9c is ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Another M&P vs Glock Question

Another M&P vs Glock Question

So I have been rocking my M&P9c for some time now. Sure, I switch around the 1911's in the carry rotation, but the 9c is more often than not my go to gun. I have NEVER been a Glockophile, never. Nothing personal, just always found them.....well......"blah".

But all of a sudden, and for no reason I find myself wanting a Glock 26 for carry I find the lines intriguing, the U groove sights look cool, and the Tenifer coating is something I want to see for myself. I also have seen videos and pics and the Glock looks thinner than the M&P, the grip to slide is shorter (easier to conceal) and the weight is less. Granted, the factory mags for the M&P are 12 rounders while the G26 only has 10.

I guess the question is, is the Glock 26 as good as my mind has made it out to be?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

In my oh-so-humble opinion, it is.
    Honey, I forgot to duck.- Ronald Reagan

The most terrifying words in the English language are "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".- Ronald Reagan

Yep, the G26 is the Silver Medalist in the GLOCK lineup. Top spot gotta' go to the G19! Welcome to The Dark Side. But the G26 is no thinner than your M&P 9c.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I like the feel of the M&P grip better, points more narurally for me, but I don't like the trigger. Everyone says get the Apex, but you can spend more money on any gun to make the trigger better.

The Glock, on the other hand, tends to point upward, but I'd learned to hold it differently and shoot as well with it as I do any handgun. The difference in capacity between the two would not be a deal breaker.

I like the interchangeable backstraps both makes use. So I guess you won't solve your desire until you own one for a while.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have a Glock 26 and find it really easy to conceal. Although I have changed the sights to Trijicon night sights, Pearce +0 pinky extension, and have added Talon grips to it as well.

If you didn't already own a m&p9c I'd say go for it, but ask yourself is the tiny difference in size worth the cost of a new gun that duplicates what a gun in your inventory already does very well?
    smolck and skew12 like this.

It won't take you long to offload those horrible factory sights. I sure did on all of mine.

I did my best to avoid Glocks, but now have several. They are not the end all, anymore than anything else is. I am no fanboy, but will call Glocks what they are: extremely reliable, dependable, and fairly accurate guns. I like 'em.

VIP Member
    I prefer the compacts to the sub-compacts, but love both the Glock and M&P platforms.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Don't let the mag capacity fool you. You can use the G19 15 rounders, the G17 17 round mags, or the G18 33 round mags. Get rid of the plastic sights that come with it. If you're serious about using it as a defensive pistol get night sights. I use a G30 that has a 10 round mag but I use a G21 13 round mag for my reload.

Lead Moderator
    If the grip works for you a Glock should be good to go. Seems I read more about people switching the other way due to grip preference.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I'm more of an M&P guy for those grip reasons, but if it weren't for that I'd probably have a G19 and a G26. And maybe a G30 and a G36...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I know what you are talking about. I have a M&P9C that I am completely happy with but guess what, I just bought a Gen 4 Glock 19. I fought it for so long too.
    smolck likes this.

I own the M&P9c, but would love to add a Glock. No need to limit yourself when there are so many great guns to choose from.

I think the Glock 26 is the Cats Meow as a carry gun. I feel it is the best carry gun that I have tried.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

No offense to you guys who own a M&P but i just dont like the way they look, and i think thats the only reason why i went with the glock over it and i think even the XD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links