Most robust 9mm single stack?

This is a discussion on Most robust 9mm single stack? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What is the toughest most durable 9mm single stack pistol on the market? I'm talking take it to the range, shoot the snot out of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Most robust 9mm single stack?

Most robust 9mm single stack?

What is the toughest most durable 9mm single stack pistol on the market? I'm talking take it to the range, shoot the snot out of it, run it over with a humvee, leave it out in the elements without worrying about rust type of pistol. What is the toughest single stack 9mm out there?

2. Remove Ads

I don't think any pistol or most guns for that matter are going to meet your requirements,If you leave a gun out in the elements without taking appropriate cleaning and daily lubing you will eventually have a seized rusted up piece of junk.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I would have to say the most robust single stack 9mm is the Glock 9 that is only available in LaLa Land, that holds 7+1 but you can use the extended magazine that holds 9+1 for range use. I joke....I joke !!! God Bless
    10thmtn likes this.

Re: Most robust 9mm single stack?

I'd hate to be your gun.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

That's easy, Kahr K9.
    kb2wji likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

That would be the Sig P239, I have one and its great. Its got over 2k rounds through it and never one singe malfunction.
    sensei2 likes this.

S&W Shield shoots like a range gun

S&W 3913 or 3953, but they deserve better than what you have described.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

Take your pick of firearm, then give Robar Firearm Finishes a call. I'm sure they'll be able to give you iron-clad information and advice about the realistic possibilities.

Either way, if you want the performance to be as durable as the material of the gun, you'll need to consider periodic cleaning and lubrication. No real way around that, presuming you take "durability" to include operation and function.

Lacking such a finish (on every single metal surface exposed to air, grit, lube), I'd say the Glock 17 or 19 would do you well, given that it has much less steel available to the elements that's capable of rusting as compared to most handguns and a reputation for durability that would be the envy of any firearms maker.

Even so, no finish is going to protect all aspects of a gun (and certainly not forever). As well, no finish obviates the need for lubrication.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think the S&W M&P Shield will probably be the closest match to those unrealistic (and, hopefully sarcastic) expectations.
    Kilowatt3 and First Sgt like this.

My choice would be a sig p225/p6 or Hk p7. Have owned and loved both. Would never treat one the way described in the op, however.
    Guitarman36 likes this.

VIP Member
    The Sig P239 is a tank of a single-stack 9mm. It would get my vote.
    sensei2 likes this.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VBVAGUY View Post
    I would have to say the most robust single stack 9mm is the Glock 9 that is only available in LaLa Land, that holds 7+1 but you can use the extended magazine that holds 9+1 for range use. I joke....I joke !!! God Bless
    Walther PPS, the single stack Glock that Glock didn't make.
    zonker1986 and GWfan73 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by ak74 View Post
    What is the toughest most durable 9mm single stack pistol on the market? I'm talking take it to the range, shoot the snot out of it, run it over with a humvee, leave it out in the elements without worrying about rust type of pistol. What is the toughest single stack 9mm out there?
    The tools that I might have to depend upon to save my life never get treated like you describe so I have no suggestions for you.

If you do conduct these types of tests on your own guns, please share your results with us.
    sensei2 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I don't own one, but if the HK single stacks like the P7 are anything like the USP (which I do own), you could probably shoot and run it over with a truck for the rest of your life and still hand it down to your kids in working order

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links