Back pocket carry question

This is a discussion on Back pocket carry question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm generally a front pocket carry guy (85% front, 15% iwb), but I've become curious about back/rear pocket carry for small 380's and the like. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Back pocket carry question

I'm generally a front pocket carry guy (85% front, 15% iwb), but I've become curious about back/rear pocket carry for small 380's and the like. I was wondering if anybody who carries like this had some opinions or recommendations. I generally don't like anything larger than a pocket knife or small flashlight in my back pockets. I'm a wallet in front left pocket, gun in front right kind of guy.

What's it like sitting on your gun? Isn't it uncomfortable and slightly odd? Even though I'm sure it's just as safe, there is something that seems less safe about putting all on your weight on a tiny pistol. Thanks for your help.

KSP

I have a few friend who carry that way with no problems. Matter of fact their pocket holsters with the sub compact weapon are smaller than many of the wallets I see some folks sporting in their back pockets.

Michael

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Go ahead, Ralphie, shoot your butt off!
    Ransom likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I have tried it and did not find it super uncomfortable but it was a bit annoying. I prefer pocket carry in my front right pocket.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Seems like a lot of folks with the LCP use the Uncle George's wallet holster.

That's how I carried my seecamp when wearing jeans. The seecamp is all steel and pretty rugged. I'm not sure how the plastic guns would hold up to sitting on them. Very safe for hammer fired double action guns and easier to draw than jeans front pocket.

It feels like a thick wallet. If you sit all day it may not work. If you work on your feet it's comfortable. Hard benches or seats are not fun, soft ones like your car are fine.

LCP in Uncle George, MDEagle in Bear Creek and Kahr .380 in a Recluse. Not all at the same time.

Not uncomfortable for me but, since you carry nothing in your back pocket, perhaps you could get an idea of what it would be like if you stuck your wallet back there for a few days. I cannot tolerate much beyond a three key ring in my front pocket, so you may find anything uncomfortable in a back pocket.
    Ogre likes this.

Go ahead, Ralphie, shoot your butt off!
    Now that's funny. If I was taking a drink of something when I read that, I would have sprayed my keyboard and monitor. Maybe I can find a Daisy Red Ryder BB pocket pistol somewhere.

When I first started to carry I had a little .32 kel tec I put in mainly front pocket, but did back pock too. Never chambered though when not in a hoster.. light little gun.

LCP in back pocket for a couple of years. It's not bad at all and I have a Crimson Tract on mine. Still carry it from time to time, but I'm thinking that something bigger than .380 might be a wiser move.

Very happy with my LCP in an Uncle George wallet holster in back pocket. I carry a moneyclip in my front pocket, so the look of a wallet in the backpocket means total concealment and hasn't been a comfort issue for me.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A. i am going to be getting a back pocket wallet type of holster for my new S&W Bodyguard 380, and also am ordering the small front pocket holster also. Will let you know after i order and receive them. Looks nice though. bunker
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

I'm a lefty and I carry my BUG Kel Tec P32 in my right side back pocket, wallet in my left back pocket. The magazine release is against my butt and thanks to my tactical padding in that area, the mag has never accidently released in a decade plus of carrying it that way. If you were to put it in the left back pocket, it is possible to bump that mag release if you have a thin pocket holster for example. I'm using a leather one I had made locally.
    Try not to screw up so bad they name the screw up after you. (Station 15 saying)

NRA Certifed Instructor

Preferred in tighter jeans

I have a LCP I carry in a De Santis Nemesis pocket holster. In tight jeans the gun just fits more comfortably in the rear pocket as opposed to the front. It carries well there with no discomfort. If you have ever carried a wallet in your back pocket the LCP is just as comfortable.

PM 40 in the front or the back pocket of my Levi's.

I don't sit on the pistol. In the car it's tucked in between the seat and the console. If I know I'm going to a place where I know I'll be sitting like a restaurant, I'll put it in the front pocket as I exit the car.

Not a big deal at all. I've tried IWB, but it just isn't comfortable for me.

Dirty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links