SW Bodyguard info........

This is a discussion on SW Bodyguard info........ within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am needing to come up with a revolver for a lady. Her budget is $300. I was thinking of a SW Bodyguard, maybe a ...

Thread: SW Bodyguard info........

SW Bodyguard info........

I am needing to come up with a revolver for a lady. Her budget is $300. I was thinking of a SW Bodyguard, maybe a used one. Question is, for those you you who have fired one....How is the trigger pull, considering a small woman would be using the gun? Thanks
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

2. Remove Ads

Are you referring to the Body guard 380 or 38 ? The 38 is a good option. It may not be a prefect weapon but nothing is. I have one wife has one. I use mine when ride my motorcycle it just seems to carry easy.
    It is light weight small and there is no doubt a .38 will get the job done.

Compared to a 380 and a LC9

If you are talking about the revolver, got one, carry it, and shoot it on a regular basis. Trigger pull is heavy, not necessarily a bad thing. Recoil with target loads is heavy, with +P loads it's down right severe. All in all, I think the J frames are fine weapons for their intended purpose. If you are talking about the semi-auto, I don't have a clue.

"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Save a couple bucks more and get the 442, IMO
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Some folks don't care for the Bodyguard ambi cylinder release, but if she has no previous revolver experience, she wouldn't know any different.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Links