Glock 30 vs 30sf

This is a discussion on Glock 30 vs 30sf within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I saw on the Glock site that there's a 30 and a 30sf, but the tech. specs look exactly the same to me. What exactly ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zonker1986

Thread: Glock 30 vs 30sf

Glock 30 vs 30sf

I saw on the Glock site that there's a 30 and a 30sf, but the tech. specs look exactly the same to me. What exactly is the difference and is one better than the other for CCW?

Sorry if this has been discussed, i searched and didn't find anything.

Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

The 30 SF stands for Short Frame. If you have smaller hands the 30SF should fit better. But the only way you'll know for sure is to hold each and see what you like better
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Ah, ok. Thanks.

The backstrap is slightly shorter at the top on the SF, making for a shorter trigger reach.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

If possible, shoot them both. I have a G30 and it does feel "big" in the hands, but when shooting it, it feels just fine. Don't go with your first impressions just holding it at the gun counter. You really need to run it.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I have medium hands and the G30, and I cannot really notice any difference when holding the SF G30. But that's me, others claim to feel a distinct difference. On the other hand, with a Gen 4 G22 I can tell the difference with the various backstrap configurations, preferring no backstrap added. That's "supposed" to be the size of the SF models. Go figure.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    If possible, shoot them both. I have a G30 and it does feel "big" in the hands, but when shooting it, it feels just fine. Don't go with your first impressions just holding it at the gun counter. You really need to run it.
    I wish I could. Can't shoot for at least 2-3 months. I can probably wait for a while, don't really "need" it right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser419 View Post
    I wish I could. Can't shoot for at least 2-3 months. I can probably wait for a while, don't really "need" it right now.
    Why?
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Switchblade906 View Post
    Why?
    Medical reasons. Just had ear surgery so out of commission.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser419 View Post
    Medical reasons. Just had ear surgery so out of commission.
    A good pair of electronic noise canceling ear muffs wouldn't help?

Don't mess with your hearing, dude. If they said wait, I'd wait.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

In addition to the smaller grip circumference, the G30SF has "SF" stamped boldly into the frame just above the trigger guard. Pretty difficult to tell the difference between an SF and standard G30.

HardBall likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Don't mess with your hearing, dude. If they said wait, I'd wait.
    Yah, too sore right now anyways to even try.

Links