Eating Some Crow - Page 2

Eating Some Crow

This is a discussion on Eating Some Crow within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Crow is best served with a side order of fries and a Vernors to wash it all down Oh.........and a spoon full of sugar helps ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Eating Some Crow

Distinguished Member Array zamboni's Avatar
    Crow is best served with a side order of fries and a Vernors to wash it all down

Oh.........and a spoon full of sugar helps all the crow go down

Quote Originally Posted by hardscrabble View Post
    Several months ago I bought a new CM9 and I had to return it to the factory because I had several misfires due to light primer strikes.
    Any time I've had light primer strikes, it was due to ammo, not the gun. What kind of ammo did you have the problem with? Were you using several types of ammo or the same kind? I've only had light primer strikes with Pierce Ammunition. Won't buy that again. I've never had a problem with Winchester white box, Magtech or PMC (bronze I believe...). After that box of 50 with the Pierce I switched ammo and haven't had a light strike yet.

To be clear, the above experience was with the Springfield XDS (slimline .45, 5+1 - not XD)

I'm not suggesting your issue wasn't a gun issue, just relating an experience, by the way. As always, YMMV.

Also, I personally like crow. My wife ensures that I eat a little bit at least every week.
    Last edited by pittypat21; October 29th, 2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Forgot to address the crow
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    What kind of ammo did you have the problem with? Were you using several types of ammo or the same kind?
    I had trouble with rounds that were spread out through a couple boxes of Nato M882, a couple boxes Win White Box and a box of Federal Hydroshock. It wasn't the ammo. All the rounds fired on the second strike. The note that came back from Kahr service indicated they replaced the slide. From the looks of it, they replaced the barrel, too. I surmised that the case was seating too far off the breech face, or the chamber was incorrectly cut and the case was moving forward under pressure of the firing pin strike, or some combination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links