Help an older woman select a gun - Page 4

Help an older woman select a gun

This is a discussion on Help an older woman select a gun within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by sixgun As for you hubby goes Id get him a glock if he likes yours. Ah, but that way I could also ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Help an older woman select a gun

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    As for you hubby goes Id get him a glock if he likes yours.
    Ah, but that way I could also use the Shield....would be nice to have both. We could "share" :)

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on the forum.

Still loving my G19. I have purchased multiple Glocks since the 19, the only I don't like is the G26. I put the pearce extensions on and my finger always gets pinched.
    It's also not nearly as comfortable to shoot as the G19, so it is going to be sold one of these days.

I also picked up a M&P Pro Core in 9mm for use in PPC competitions and a Glock 17 for IDPA. Love them all!

I did get the Shield too.....also very pleased with it.

Distinguished Member Array LeftofMars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chavak View Post
    Wow, it's been a long time since I've been on the forum.

Still loving my G19. I have purchased multiple Glocks since the 19, the only I don't like is the G26. I put the pearce extensions on and my finger always gets pinched.
    It's also not nearly as comfortable to shoot as the G19, so it is going to be sold one of these days.

I also picked up a M&P Pro Core in 9mm for use in PPC competitions and a Glock 17 for IDPA. Love them all!

I did get the Shield too.....also very pleased with it.
    Welcome back. I'm the same way on the 26, I just don't really like it. 19, 17, 36, 42...etc I like and I know most people seem to really like the 26 but it doesn't float my boat. I told my son he could have it when he gets his concealed carry.
    "It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of him was one kind of sumbitch or another." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

personal defense forum dot com

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I'm 6'0, 225lbs with large hands and the Glock 26 is my every day carry. With the Glock factory mags with finger extension, you can get your entire hand on the
    grip. Also increase your capacity from 10+1 to 12+1. I would recommend either the G26 or M&P9C which is almost the same size as the Glock 26.
    Regardless of what others say about adding the grip extension, the G26 is still easier to conceal than a Glock 19.

My wife is 63 and has some issues with arms and legs. She can handle her G26 fairly easy the hardest part is learning to RACK THE SLIDE. With the right move it is not that difficult. Though she doesn't have her license just yet. She feels it is the easiest firearm with the best capacity for her to carry.
    “There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

"Don't come into Fort Bend County and start waving guns around because you could leave in a bag."
    -Sheriff Nehls

VIP Member
    Glock 19 is very easy to tear down and is the standard answer to all gun related questions in here Just sayin

Welcome to the forum
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Distinguished Member Array Happypuppy's Avatar

Help an older woman select a gun

My daughter (25) wanted something to carry and keep at home. We tested a lot of them at the range. She found my Glock 19 too heavy and cumbersome and then we tried the 9 mm shield. She liked it and was her second choice. She settled on the 42 Glock as it was the right size gentle recoil and she was far more accurate than any other ; it was not even close. She was much faster on recovery shots as well. The most important two things are accuracy and ability to get the second shot(s) off.

IMO if you can't hit your target quickly multiple times it's the wrong one for you.

Someday. That’s a dangerous word. It’s really just a code for ‘never’.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links