VZ Grips on a J-Frame

VZ Grips on a J-Frame

This is a discussion on VZ Grips on a J-Frame within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking about putting a set of these J-Frames 320s on my S&W 637, anybody got any thoughts or experience with this setup? Tim...

VZ Grips on a J-Frame

Thinking about putting a set of these J-Frames 320s on my S&W 637, anybody got any thoughts or experience with this setup?

Tim

I have purchased Esmeralda wood grips, and love the feel of the wood over the stock rubber grips that came on my S&W 642. They are more easlily slipped into a pocket holster than the rubber grips, and give a great grip for the gun. I think you will like the grips you chose... good luck, and practice once you get them. One bit of advice... dont overtighten the screw that holds the grips on, you will crack the wood. good luck. bunker
    Attached Images
    "6 P's of self defense "
    Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Best thing I'v ever done was put a set of barami grips on my 642. I can pocket carry if I want or IWB. Liked it so much I did the same to my k frame model 65 four inch barrel with a bobbed hammer.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by tjhjunk View Post
    Thinking about putting a set of these J-Frames 320s on my S&W 637, anybody got any thoughts or experience with this setup?

Tim
    VZ grips on my 642; very nicely made and fitted!
    Altamont Rosewood Service grip on my 442 and a set of the Bonded Ivory too. I like to change my grips on my Jaybirds.

VZ Grips on a J-Frame

Love mine

VZs look good...

The VZ grips look good, and I may have to buy some for a J frame. Here is what I have on my 642 - Altamont dymondwood boot grips - which I like very much.

Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The zebra look is a bit too "bold' for my taste, but if you like the look and feel, go for it. Everyone has their own ideas of what looks good.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VZ Grips on a J-Frame

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The zebra look is a bit too "bold' for my taste, but if you like the look and feel, go for it. Everyone has their own ideas of what looks good.

Yep I thought so too, but it really has grown on me. Plus, the old lady picked em. :)

Links