Hope the Shield is as good as I've heard.

This is a discussion on Hope the Shield is as good as I've heard. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Because there is a Smith dealer in town, and they have 'em. And they feel nice. My guy is going to make sure that they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hope the Shield is as good as I've heard.

Hope the Shield is as good as I've heard.

Because there is a Smith dealer in town, and they have 'em. And they feel nice. My guy is going to make sure that they are not all spoken for, and give me the go/no go tomorrow. If I am good, I'll get the Shield and a couple of eight round mags for 375. Looks like a good deal to me. Had a hard time putting it down. Gotta see who makes night sights for them. If I am good to go tomorrow pics will be posted, along with a couple others. Has been an expensive month.

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like a good deal!
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

I haven't shot one, I've shot the regular M&P 9 and .45 but I imagine it's nice.

Have fun with it! I want one too.

The Shield is a good solid performer from what I hear, and it looks like you're getting a good deal.

that is a good deal. Good luck.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Finally got my hands on a Shield earlier today -- Just at the counter -- They certainly did a nice job of giving it a "big" feel -- It's pretty high on a short list for a potential "next one" in the box...

I'm completely crazy about my PPS, to which the Shield is very similar.

If you love firearms there's no way you won't find joy with either.

Happy shooting!
    STLRampage likes this.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

Have yet to hear a bad review of them. In fact James Yeager says it is the only "small" combat/fighting pistol he would ever carry.

XS sights makes night sights for them and I highly suggest the Big Dot system on any defensive handgun.

My only complaint on the Shield was it is taller than the 9c, IMO it should be slightly shorter.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I've had the Shield 9mm since July. Terrific gun. I carry it almost every day and shoot it almost every week at the range. It's easy to carry and a pleasure shoot. I don't think you will be disappointed. My alternate when I need something even smaller is the S&W Bodyguard 380; it looks and operates like a mini-Shield, other than a completely different trigger/action of course. Enjoy!

I gave my son one for graduation, we both love it. He carries it daily. Someone mentioned the sights, I like the stock ones and IMO, in a defensive situation doubt the sights will ever come into play.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Have yet to hear a bad review of them. In fact James Yeager says it is the only "small" combat/fighting pistol he would ever carry.

XS sights makes night sights for them and I highly suggest the Big Dot system on any defensive handgun.

My only complaint on the Shield was it is taller than the 9c, IMO it should be slightly shorter.
    Comparing the 9c and the Shield, they look to be very similar in height, especially with the shorter magazines in both. Check out the photos in this thread: M&P 9 Shield Initial review

Question: I've looked at the XS sights with interest. What makes the Big Dot system better?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Comparing the 9c and the Shield, they look to be very similar in height, especially with the shorter magazines in both. Check out the photos in this thread: M&P 9 Shield Initial review

Question: I've looked at the XS sights with interest. What makes the Big Dot system better?
    I'm just going by what I see when I handle them. This is a good pic. Might not look like much, but IMO, in a smaller gun, it makes more difference than you think

Smith__Wesson_SW_MP_SHIELD_9mm_Sub-Compact_Pistol_MP9_NDIA_Joint_Armaments_2012_DefenseReview.co.jpg

As for the XS system, you can pick up the front sight so much easier and it hits right where the dot is at, so it is simple.
    Here is a video showing them. Start at 7 min 11 sec to skip to the good stuff.
    Shooting the S&W Shield with XS Big Dots - YouTube
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I liked my Shield so much that I spent 2.5 months trying to track down a 2nd one (a few months back)

I finally scored. Got the call just a few minutes ago. Been waiting on the list for 2 months now. Going down to pick one up in 9mm when they open in the morning. Best part is the price is also right. $390.

Quote Originally Posted by cphilip View Post
    I finally scored. Got the call just a few minutes ago. Been waiting on the list for 2 months now. Going down to pick one up in 9mm when they open in the morning. Best part is the price is also right. $390.
    COngrats! Not bad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links