Hello Darkside!

This is a discussion on Hello Darkside! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trijicons on my G27 cozying up to my Kahr CM40...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Hello Darkside!

Trijicons on my G27 cozying up to my Kahr CM40

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

2. Remove Ads

Trijicon HD sights. Have a set on my 19, and this weekend my new 31 will have a set as well. Easily the best sights I have found. For the price, they had better be. Nice 27.

Nice gun. Regarding sights for Glocks, have you seen this recent thread? The Pro Sight Advantage - it's what's on my SD G17 and it's gonna stay on it...

Quote Originally Posted by BillK01 View Post
    I have green Mepros on my Glock 23 and I'm very happy with them.
    I love these on both my G19 and my G30SF

I also have Meprolights. Orange rear and green front. I have found that the different colors makes for quicker front sight acquisition in low light situations.

For all you guys that have night sights on your guns, how are they when you shoot during the day? Hard to see at all?

Nope, really easy.
    sioux565 likes this.
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    For all you guys that have night sights on your guns, how are they when you shoot during the day? Hard to see at all?
    Thanks for the quick answer! That is my biggest concern going from the stock sights to nights.

So far I'm leaning towards the Meprolights. I just can't decide if I want all green or amber/green.

For defensive pistols I have really become a fan of the XS big dot sights. Easier to pick up, big and hits where you put the giant dot. In a SHTF situation, I would rather have the XS sights than anything (chances are I may not use the sights, but I can tell you I have a better chance of seeing the big dot over lining up three small ones)
    sioux565 likes this.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I would like to try those sights but ill have to wait until i have the $100 or so to buy them.....
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    Also for me, I put a set of all green fiber optic sights on my CZ. I didn't really like having all the same color and the same size front and rear. I ended up putting the stock rears back on and just having the front a green fiber optic. Thats just a fun/range gun so I don't mind for now. But for me, having three dots same size and color is not best for sighting quickly.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Hello Darkside!

Check out the XS big dot 24/7 sights. They have white outlines and tritium, so you get day and night use. I had them installed on my Colt officers 45. I like them better then three dot tritiums or the tru glo tritium fiber optics. They are easy to pick up quickly in daylight or darkness. For a carry weapon they will serve you well. They are easy to use for target practice, but not great for longer range shooting.

Congrats on your G27 purchase and welcome to the dark side
    "Get rid of that chrome plated sissy pistol and get yourself a GLOCK"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links