Help - looking for a .45 for around $500 for defense... - Page 4

Help - looking for a .45 for around $500 for defense...

This is a discussion on Help - looking for a .45 for around $500 for defense... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My suggestion is to look at another Browning Hi-Power for the wife. You keep one and she gets the other. I assume you have a ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Help - looking for a .45 for around $500 for defense...

My suggestion is to look at another Browning Hi-Power for the wife. You keep one and she gets the other. I assume you have a carry permit for one, and in CA I believe some counties use the serial number for the individual gun rather than the model and caliber.

Just my thoughts. A Glock 30 would bet recommendation as well.

Tj,
    Obviously there's been a lot of love on this thread so far for RIA, and rightfully so. Everything said for RIA can also be said for Citadel. Both RIA and Citadel are made by the same company, Armscor. I've got a Citadel compact/Officer's size gun. It's been very reliable. It came w/ a number of "custom" features not found on the GI spec model, most importantly were the high profile sights. I bought the Citadel instead of the comparable RIA model because at the time, the RIA model didn't have such features. I think RIA now has a "Tactical" model w/ these features.

No one's mentioned them yet, but I'd also consider the American Classic series of 1911 45's. Like the Armscor guns, American Classic guns are made in The Phillipines, albeit by Metro Arms. My A/C "Commander" has been both accurate and reliable and has a nice trigger. I really like it's deep blue finish much better than the Parkerized finish on Citadel/RIA. American Classic Line | Metro Arms Corporation

W/ any of the guns made by Metro Arms or Armscor, you should easily come under budget, leaving you money for ammo and such. Not everyone's experience has been favorable, but I've been very pleased w/ my entry level 45's so that I cc them regularly.

My first choice for a 45acp pistol would be a Sig Sauer P220 (Carry or Compact models), but I really don't think you can get one for $500. I've seen used P220's, but they tend to be in the $650 range. I think a Glock 30sf would be an excellent choice. You should be able to buy one new for around $550....

Help - looking for a .45 for around $500 for defense...

Springfield Armory XDs is a great compact 45 for about $539-$550 in my area.

Quote Originally Posted by ofdesp View Post
    Ruger P90. built like a tank. Easily under $450.
    Yep, love mine too. Plus, if you run outta ammo, would make a formidable club.

I love Colts but have to admit that my son's Rock Island has been quite an impressive pistol. Great trigger right out of the box and and dependable function with a small assortment of various loadings and handloads. Less than $500 and really doesn't take a back seat to other clones if a fellow's seeking a good usin' .45 automatic.

Cuda66 likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Glock compact for that price range or a s&w m&p mid size. Very reliable..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links