Trading M&P9C for Glock 27

This is a discussion on Trading M&P9C for Glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I have a chance to trade my M&P9c for a Gen 3 Glock 27. I am really jonesin' for a Glock lately and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Trading M&P9C for Glock 27

Hey all,

I have a chance to trade my M&P9c for a Gen 3 Glock 27. I am really jonesin' for a Glock lately and I LOVE the compact "Baby" Glocks. They fit my hand well, are a tad smaller (this is my primary carry weapon) and I know some don't, but I love the U-groove sights.

To me the Glock is simpler (less parts) and probably a little more durable (tenifer) than the M&P. The caliber change doesn't bother me, I have owned and shot compact .40's in the past with no issue. .40 ammo around my area is $5 more per box of 50 (over 9mm) so that is also negligible.

I just really want a Glock. Any reason I shouldn't do it?
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Just do it!
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Do it! I just picked up a Glock 27 Gen 4 and love the thing. It is my EDC now.

As far as the sights go, there are plenty of different ones out there to change to.

VIP Member
    I wouldn't do it, but hey, that's just me.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Do it. For me personally the Glocks look better then the M&P so I would do it in the heart beat!
    Sig Sauer P229 SCT, Sig Sauer P938, Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 17 Gen 3, Remington 870, Grandpa's Old Single Shot 12 Gauge

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

I have zero experience with the M&P's other than fondling them in the store. I like that they can be purchased without a thumb safety. I also like the ergonomics on the M&P. but i've never had an issue with any Glock so I stayed put. I think you'll be happy with the G27 but I wouldn't switch unless you're disappointed with some aspect of the M&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I wouldn't do it, but hey, that's just me.
    Would you mind telling me why?

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    but I wouldn't switch unless you're disappointed with some aspect of the M&P.
    The most recent M&P9c I bought has a very spongy trigger and bad reset. It is also a tad taller than I like for a carry pistol. Overall, I like it, but I don't LOVE it like I used to. The Glock is calling me (which is weird because I have tried hating them for so long).
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

I've been looking into a Gen 4 Glock 26 but there is a ton of negative chatter on the various boards. There are many reports that the tennifer finish isn't what it used to be and there looks to be a genuine problem with their new extractors. The qualities that have made Glocks worth owning seem to be missing in their newest builds.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Would you mind telling me why?

The most recent M&P9c I bought has a very spongy trigger and bad reset. It is also a tad taller than I like for a carry pistol. Overall, I like it, but I don't LOVE it like I used to. The Glock is calling me (which is weird because I have tried hating them for so long).
    then trade it and don't look back. you'll love it.

I would not for the same reason that I did not purchase a glock when searching for my first handgun. Ergonomics. I did not like the way it fit my hand. That being said, IMO Glocks, MnPs and XDs (Not XDS) are all relatively similar and interchangeable.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member
    Went from my M&P 40c to a G23. Have been happy in every way. The trigger was the best improvement, with a better grip being another huge plus for me. I think you'll be happy, my $0.02. I kept my M&P BTW, its a great gun, girlfriend loves it too.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Do it. you can get the 13round mags from the 23, or the 15round mags from the 22, and a grip extension if you want a little room for your pinky.

My hands are of the larger size so I got the Glock 23 and love it, (also have a 35)

I will probably get a 27 for a backup gun

rg

I have both, and not sure that you are gaining a thing by going with the G27 over the M&P. If you are looking for more capacity........

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    I have both, and not sure that you are gaining a thing by going with the G27 over the M&P. If you are looking for more capacity........
    Capacity isn't really the issue. I get 12+1 of 9mm in the M&P and only 9+1 (stock) with the G27. I would have rather had the 9mm G26, but the guy who wants to trade only has the G27. I am hoping the trigger is the biggest gain, that and the G27 is shorter (from bottom of grip to slide) which is what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    Capacity isn't really the issue. I get 12+1 of 9mm in the M&P and only 9+1 (stock) with the G27. I would have rather had the 9mm G26, but the guy who wants to trade only has the G27. I am hoping the trigger is the biggest gain, that and the G27 is shorter (from bottom of grip to slide) which is what I want.
    when you gotsta have a Glock, ya jus' gotsta have a Glock. G27 is a great carry weapon. Hope it works out.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links