Just got back from my LGS with new M & P Shield 9mm and..!

This is a discussion on Just got back from my LGS with new M & P Shield 9mm and..! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was surfing Gallery of Guns Monday night at 9:30pm and saw they had 21 available so I immediately placed my order. By the time I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Just got back from my LGS with new M & P Shield 9mm and..!

Was surfing Gallery of Guns Monday night at 9:30pm and saw they had 21 available so I immediately placed my order. By the time I had completed the order (45 seconds to 1 minute) they were down to 3.

They overnighted it to my LGS yesterday and they called me at 10am today to say it arrived. Ran up at lunch to get it and ended up buying an M & P 15-22 as well! Expensive lunch break.

Can't wait to shoot 'em both. Boy that Shield feels good in my hand.

Overall I'm very impressed with Gallery of Guns. 2 Thumbs way up!

Bill
    darbo likes this.

Selling like ice cream on the 4th of July! Way to go S&W! (Glad you got one, keep us posted.)
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Let us know how you like it- I am considering purchasing one.

Congrats on your recent purchase. Yes, please keep the forum posted on its handling and concealibility. I think many of us are interested in hearing the reviews.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

how much are they going for if you don't mind me asking
    "In those days, there was a lot more respect for other people and it showed in peoples values.... Today the word value means nothing more than something you get on the $1 menu at McDonald's." -BARK'N

Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    how much are they going for if you don't mind me asking
    The Gallery of Guns price through my LGS ended up at $374.08 (about $15 more than another LGS near me I don't care for) and after taxes and background check fees was $416.47 total.

Good job! I think you're really gonna love that pistol. Mine is quickly becoming one of my favorite guns. I think S&W really hit a home run with the Shield.

Congrats!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Re: Just got back from my LGS with new M & P Shield 9mm and..!

Congrats on getting your hands on one. You should be happy with it.

I picked up one myself this morning. But this one is a result of being on a list for about a month and a half. Similar overall total cost to you but slightly different method of pricing ($390 plus 5% sales tax so $409.50).

I handled one of these before and its all about the fit in the hand and the trigger. Both I think superior to any other subcompact so far. I am going to have to wait and actually shoot it before I can really make that claim completely though. But it certainly appears a winner.

I think I am going to be liking it. But we shall see.

I posted this in another thread but will repeat it here... I snapped a real quick phone cam picture of it laying next to a Bersa Thunder CC (the .380) for size comparison.

This is the Bersa laid over the Shield

hmmmm. The Sheild has always been in "allocated" status on Gallery of Guns, and is as of just a few minutes ago. Did they have a hiccup and actually let you buy them off their site?
    I have two Davidson's affiliates that I have purchased guns in the last few years. I've been waiting on the Shield to become available because Davidson's price is about $75 less than any of
    my local gun stores.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    hmmmm. The Sheild has always been in "allocated" status on Gallery of Guns, and is as of just a few minutes ago. Did they have a hiccup and actually let you buy them off their site?
    I have two Davidson's affiliates that I have purchased guns in the last few years. I've been waiting on the Shield to become available because Davidson's price is about $75 less than any of
    my local gun stores.
    Yes they have been allocated but when they do get some they sell like mad. I lucked out Monday night when I got mine. You just gotta hit it right timing'wise I suppose.

Haven't shot it yet but it feels good. Not digging the little yellow seer deactivation lever thing for field stripping but I suppose I'll get used to it.
    Last edited by BillK01; November 1st, 2012 at 08:07 PM.

It field strips the same as a regular gun as well. Don't have to deal with the yellow thing.

Mine has a magazine disconnect. Unless I'm totally missing something, I have to release the seer deactivation lever or it won't strip.

Waiting lists everywhere around here for it.

When you turn the lever and release the slide stop, you can just pull the trigger and not mess with the yellow lever. The slide will jump orward a bit and slide off easily. (After ensuring it's clear of course)

I've had mine for a few months now and I absolutely love it. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I fondled an XDs and I like the feel of that much better, but I like the 9mm for ammo cost, and I haven't yet shot the XDs, but seriously consdier both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links