Glock trigger

This is a discussion on Glock trigger within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Someone told me about a 25 cent trigger job on my 21. Has anyone polished the trigger components of your Glock and if so please ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Glock trigger

Glock trigger

Someone told me about a 25 cent trigger job on my 21. Has anyone polished the trigger components of your Glock and if so please tell me your thoughts. How difficult, was it worth it? Thanks

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Never thought mine needed a job; I keep it well employed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Why are you wanting to polish the trigger components? Just curious...

I think most trigger issues on a Glock can be solved with training..JMO
    ScottM likes this.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    Why are you wanting to polish the trigger components? Just curious...

I think most trigger issues on a Glock can be solved with training..JMO
    500 or so rounds through a training class is all the rigger job I've ever seen needed on a Glock.

Re: Glock trigger

I'm guilty of polishing contact points on my glock triggers...usually more out of boredom than necessity though. Shooting them a lot helps too, although I've admittedly never had one that was terrible out of the box.

sent via iCarry

John Hodoway, firearms trainer and shooter on the NightHawk Custom team, says it is a bad move. Sure, it can help, but if you take too much material off, you might end up with a Glock 18 (full auto), which can get you into serious trouble. Plus, you will have to pay a lot more than 25 cents for replacement parts if you screw it up.

just my $.02
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

ok. I was going to put the 3.5 lb connecter but the glock armorer told me he quit putting those in his and started polishing. I want a smoother pull for competition matches. I have shot the gun plenty so thats not an issue. Thanks for the opinions but I was really wanting to hear what people thought about the results.

I like my Glock triggers stock and out of the box...
    zonker1986 and blitzburgh like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrown75 View Post
    ok. I was going to put the 3.5 lb connecter but the glock armorer told me he quit putting those in his and started polishing. I want a smoother pull for competition matches. I have shot the gun plenty so thats not an issue. Thanks for the opinions but I was really wanting to hear what people thought about the results.
    I'm a Glock armorer, and I go with 3.5 connectors and leave the rest of it factory.
    "Who are the ones that we kept in charge? Killers, thieves, and lawyers"

Tom Waits, God's Away on Business

FWIW, I have the 3.5 connector/NY-1 combo in mine, plus I have shot the heck out of them.

They are smooth and will shoot tight groups when needed.

agree with Retsupt99. Glock Perfection means never having to touch a thing on the gun to make it work like a champ.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I would leave it stock. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the 5lb. factory trigger pull on a Glock. There are people who say they need it for competition, bull****. The secret is to practice trigger control and this applies to every weapon you fire. Everyone knows that trigger control is one of the most important aspects to the accurate firing of a weapon. Practice squeezing the trigger even though your hand might be shaking. There is nothing worse than getting sight acquisition and jerking a trigger pull to take advantage of that particular nano second of time. You will most probably miss.

I guess at my age I have learned that if it isn't broke don't fix it. And IMHO the stock trigger pull on a Glock is not broken so......
    First Sgt and wmhawth like this.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    My glock is the best trigger I have ever shot/had out the box.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

The "smoother pull" comes with muscle memory training of your trigger finger, not by having a trigger job done. If you want a "lighter" pull, different story. If you have "shot the gun plenty", then my question to you is "Have you learned and practiced "reset" of the Glock trigger?"...Sometimes you put yourself in a "mind game" simply because you've heard others talking about this, that, and the other, and how much it has helped them. My opinion, work on trigger control and reset, and your "smoother pull" will develop. JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

I bought a Glock 34 Gen4 a few months ago, to use for IDPA. I've been very happy with it.

But the trigger was rough, to say the least. I started with a meticulous "25 cent trigger polish". There's about a million links and videos showing how to do this. I never did find a completely thorough video or web site that show ALL of the spots that needed polishing/deburring, but if you start watching some of the videos, you quickly get the idea. Once you get familiar with the trigger parts, then you can start doing some careful polishing. This alone will smooth things up. But on mine, there was some deburring that also had to be done. It goes without saying - the trick is to make the internal parts work against each other with less friction - WITHOUT changing the measured relationships between the parts. In other words, don't remove too much material or you may have serious problems!

A Dremel tool (or similar) and small polishing wheel with some buffing compound are necessary items for the polishing. Be careful not to let the polishing wheel grab the part, as it can throw the part into your face, or bend the part. I use 1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper (on a popsicle stick) for deburring.

I eventually installed a 3.5 lb trigger kit, using great care, and now my trigger is smoooooth and sweet. Really a pleasure to shoot. But I would NOT use this 3.5 lb combo for a carry gun.

There are some caveats here. If you install 3.5 lb trigger kit, and have internal trigger parts with rough edges that are sticking or binding, then unsafe operating conditions may ensue.

JMHO, of course. Make all mods at own risk.

NOTE: I've been 'polishing/buffing/deburring' gun parts for about 40 years, but am NOT a qualified gunsmith, so I keep all my 'gunsmithing' work to the very basic level.

Good luck
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links