So...are the H&K's really worth that much more? - Page 5

So...are the H&K's really worth that much more?

This is a discussion on So...are the H&K's really worth that much more? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I chose HK because I'm of the most elite retired fat guy mall ninja type, moderately well trained, soft to medium assed, doorknob-opening, terrorist-hunting by ...

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: So...are the H&K's really worth that much more?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I chose HK because I'm of the most elite retired fat guy mall ninja type, moderately well trained, soft to medium assed, doorknob-opening, terrorist-hunting by proxy, cut-the-wire LEOs & military type fire-starter.

But if I were a real life bad guy hunter... I'd still carry a HK. Great guns.
    bombthrower77 likes this.

Never liked the triggers, and couldn't get used to the mag release.

Too bad, the P30 is a sweet feeling gun.

But not as sweet as my new 220 Dark Elite SIG.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    Never liked the triggers, and couldn't get used to the mag release.

Too bad, the P30 is a sweet feeling gun.

But not as sweet as my new 220 Dark Elite SIG.
    Ugh! I want a dark elite P220! Would I be sick in the head if I owned a 9, 40, and 45 Elite?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

JD
    Administrator

Re: So...are the H&K's really worth that much more?

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Ugh! I want a dark elite P220! Would I be sick in the head if I owned a 9, 40, and 45 Elite?
    I think you'd be sick in the head for not filling the set.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

No you would be awesome! And the envy of many a gun enthusiast.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

No, but you would be the poster boy for "A fool and his money are soon parted"
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Ah, c'mon Zonk. There is a well hidden part of your soul that cries out for a SIG.
    C hawk Glock likes this.

I sure don't think so. I'd do it myself, but my wife would probably use 'em on me.

I have an H&K USP 40 and it is an awesome gun. I don't CC with it that much because of it's larger frame, but I do carry it on occasion. It fits my hand well, is accurate out of the box and is everything that you'd expect from and H&K. If you can afford one, get one. You won't be disappointed.

I've handled a few but unfortunately had to let go of them. I almost bought one, but bought two Glocks instead for about the same price. Not every handgun I own is a Glock, but they definitely out number the others.

Lately, I've been giving some real thought into picking up a 'high class' pistol but each time the thought crosses my mind, I can't help but to rather go with another high quality black rifle... Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Lately, I've been giving some real thought into picking up a 'high class' pistol but each time the thought crosses my mind, I can't help but to rather go with another high quality black rifle... Decisions, decisions, decisions...
    I'm in the same boat. I love the looks of some of the HK and higher end Sig pistols but there is a whole world of fun out there for $1k.

JD
    Administrator
    The slide release was more of a pest to me because I am a lefty, but frankly I don't use it anyway. As far as the LEM and the trigger job, let us know what you think when it's completed. I am curious if it's just a DA/SA thing.

Well I've got the gun, in dry fire I have to say I'm pretty floored. It reminds me of a Para LDA, but a lot less crappy overall. Reset is very positive, a little longer than a Glock, but not by much. Trigger pull still has the long take up that you would have with a DAO trigger, but it's very light and zero drag. Believe it or not I may change out the trigger return spring to make the take up have a little more resistance, but once the slack is taken up, you'd be hard pressed to think of this as anything other than a nice, crisp single action trigger, but you have to get used to taking out the slack / pre-travel but I don't think it will be an issue at all.

Should have a firing report Sunday evening.

Is HK worth the money?

Their name is built on extreme durability and reliability. The triggers are consistently unspectacular, and ergonomics are hit or miss (though the P30 is arguably best on the market in this regard).

My PPQ cost me $529. It has ergonomics that are roughly equal to the P30's, it has been flawless over 4,300 rounds, it has a superior take on the paddle release, and the trigger is best-in-class. Shelling out extra for a P30 would have been like paying to have a gunsmith destroy the trigger.

Is HK (or Sig) worth the money?

If you're a SEAL or Delta operator, it is.

It's also "worth it" if you have disposable income, and like cool stuff.

If you need something flawless, and you're not loaded, you won't gain anything at all by spending that much.

VIP Member
    Is HK worth the money?

I don't think so. I had a USP 40c for years and it wasn't any nicer than a Glock or M&P, it was just more expensive.

[QUOTE=RBid;2462415]Is HK worth the money?

Their name is built on extreme durability and reliability. The triggers are consistently unspectacular, and ergonomics are hit or miss (though the P30 is arguably best on the market in this regard).

My PPQ cost me $529. It has ergonomics that are roughly equal to the P30's, it has been flawless over 4,300 rounds, it has a superior take on the paddle release, and the trigger is best-in-class. Shelling out extra for a P30 would have been like paying to have a gunsmith destroy the trigger.

Is HK (or Sig) worth the money?

If you're a SEAL or Delta operator, it is.

It's also "worth it" if you have disposable income, and like cool stuff.

If you need something flawless, and you're not loaded, you won't gain anything at all by spending that much.[
    /QUOTE]

I'm not Delta or a SEAL either but what difference does that make?

I've got a family to protect and they're priceless to me, so yes I'll spend a bit more for HK products.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Links