Yeah, Sig...they reworked the whole gun...P238

This is a discussion on Yeah, Sig...they reworked the whole gun...P238 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some of you may have seen my post reguarding my mystery why the new flat recoil spring would not fit on an early model P238. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imthduke

Thread: Yeah, Sig...they reworked the whole gun...P238

Some of you may have seen my post reguarding my mystery why the new flat recoil spring would not fit on an early model P238. I took it to two smith and they could not get it to fit...only after 30 min did they get it on. And told me jokeingly not to take it off again.

Long story short....Send it to Sig. Sig sent it back. Problem was that the early models came with a plastic guide rod and that is why the spring would not fix...mismatch to guide rod.

Sig replaced with new alum guide rod, new flat recoil spring, upgraded the extractor, also the ejector, the sear spring and gave me a new magazine.
    Polished the feed ramp and test fired 30 rounds with zero malfuctions.
    They essentially put new guts in the gun.

I am posting this for any that have an early model of the Sig P238....it needs upgrading and Sig will do it free.

I am a happy camper even though this is my wifes gun.

Philly Boy likes this.
    http://www.treasureislandbedandbreakfast.com
    Ed Brown Kobra Carry | HK P7M8, P2000sk, P30s | Sig P238, P239SAS, 1911 C3, P232, P938 | Colt Defender, Mustang Pocketlite, 1911 | Rohrbaugh R9 | Kimber Covert Ultra II | Browning HP, Buckmark 22LR(suppressed| Walter PPK(1966) | Kahr PM9 Black Rose |

Pretty cool of Sig to do that. I wonder if they'd do something similar for my P6...

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion12 View Post
    Pretty cool of Sig to do that. I wonder if they'd do something similar for my P6...
    I didn't realise the P6 had any design flaws,since they been out for over 30 years
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

That's awesome, man! I always love stories of a company under-promising and over-delivering.

Next to my Walther P22, my first handgun, the Rosewood 238 is the only other gun I would never think of letting go. While I like all of my "current" stock, I could, in a pinch, sell them if absolutely necessary. The 238 is in my pocket, with a Nemesis holster, most of the time.
    Chicken Little? Who the heck is Chicken Little? And what does she know, anyway?!

" The will of the majority, the natural law of every society, is the only sure guardian of the rights of man." Thomas Jefferson.

Links