Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR... - Page 2

Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

This is a discussion on Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Coltman 77 With all respect, when you buy a cheap pistol this is what you can expect. Perhaps it is due to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    With all respect, when you buy a cheap pistol this is what you can expect.
    Perhaps it is due to my income bracket, but I do not find the LCR to be "cheap" monitarily.

In my 2+ year experience carrying and shooting the LCR, it is not "cheap" in terms of quality either.

I'd be interested in how you come to the conclusion that it is "cheap".

Agreed, all guns have a problem "child" here or there, but, the LCR I know and love is a quality gun that I will trust my life on.

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    I hope you're kidding with the cheap comment.

I have sent a few pistols back to Ruger and have only had to pay for one trip to Ruger. They have picked up the tab for all the other shipping. The one time I had to pay for it was on my MkIII that was several years old at the time.
    No I wasn't kidding at all. I was deadly serious.

The LCP is not a quality pistol and has a spotty reputation at best. Sorry to be so harsh but the truth hurts sometimes.

(A quality SD handgun will churn through 1000 rds. of assorted fmj/jhp ammo with zero malfunctions.)

With a price point of $290.00 the shooter can't expect much, just read all the internet posts about numerous problems with this pistol. It'll keep you busy for quite awhile. :

Lots of truth to the old saying " You get what you pay for".
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member

The LCP is not a quality pistol and has a spotty reputation at best. Sorry to be so harsh but the truth hurts sometimes.

(A quality SD handgun will churn through 1000 rds. of assorted fmj/jhp ammo with zero malfunctions.)

With a price point of $290.00 the shooter can't expect much, just read all the internet posts about numerous problems with this pistol. It'll keep you busy for quite awhile. :

Lots of truth to the old saying " You get what you pay for".
    Before the Ruger boys get the torches and pitchforks out, I also agree with some of these comments. The LCP is a budget firearm. Ruger is famous for undercutting most every best of breed competitor in their respective categories. I also want people to realize that money is relative and what you think is top dollar may be another persons low end price point. I say this because any time someone brings this up on DC you get into the "haves .vs the have nots" and frankly there are a lot more "have nots" that pile onto a guy who posts his own opinion.

My take on Ruger is that they are cheap in some area's and do some things very well. I love Ruger rimfires for example, but they typically are never a best of breed manufacturer. I do think they should pick up shipping for all the guns they are selling these days.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

The LCP is not a quality pistol and has a spotty reputation at best.

He has an LCR, not an LCP.

In fact, I fail to see how you could confuse the two if you actually read the entirity of the first post, as he states the return is due to cylinder problems.

Seems like you didn't read the OP and responded only to the thread title, which you misread.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    He has an LCR, not an LCP.

In fact, I fail to see how you could confuse the two if you actually read the entirity of the first post, as he states the return is due to cylinder problems.

Seems like you didn't read the OP and responded only to the thread title, which you misread.
    Is there really any difference between the two?

A sub-par auto is no different than a cheap revolver.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

Is there really any difference between the two?

A sub-par auto is no different than a cheap revolver.
    There are many differences. Operation being the most obvious, but also cost and reputation.

The LCP has garnered some bad press amongst the internet crowd. How many have actually had problems versus how many have been sold would be interesting statistics to see. Oftentimes the criticism of a product will be artificially amplified versus the praise due to people's tendancies to be very vocal with complaints but not so much with expressing their contentment. Whether this is true in the case of the LCP is unclear to me, all I can go on is my own experience and having never owned one, I must fall back on the experiences of people I know who do own one, and they are all positive.

The LCR, on the other hand, is almost universally regarded as a good carry gun. It is priced competitively, in the same bracket as the S&W 642 and 442 which many regard as the best snubbie out there (sans lock). In fact, it's direct competitors are all priced similarly or lower, so I'm not sure where you get the "cheap" idea from unless you have some arbitrary price point in your mind at which a gun priced higher than the line somehow gains "good" status, and anything below is "bad". Or perhaps you are comparing it's cost to other platforms such as a Colt or H&K semi-auto, in which case the comparison is invalid as you're comparing apples to oranges, though if you cannot see the differences between an LCR and an LCP I should not be surprised if this is indeed what you are doing.

Anyway, back to the LCR. If your referring to it as "cheap" is aimed at the build quality, then once again I am confused. I have carried one and shot it extensively for 2 years and never had any issues. It's built to last. I have seen torture tests performed on it whereby it has devoured 5000 rounds of +p ammo without cleaning and still functioned perfectly. Again, I am confused if you are doubting it's integrity. It's a solid piece.

Hopefully you can see my point, I'd hate for someone to disregard the LCR as a poor firearm and miss out on potentially owning one, or at least shooting it. I take much joy in my little snubbie and I know I'm not alone.

KAHR .... said I had to pay for the shipping, when it was a warranty item (the barrel) .

Ruger ..... said I had to pay for shipping a semi- back .... for Fail-to-extract and fail to feed issues (bought new). I did pay it, and got it back in the same condition, not fixed and no improvement. It went back 3 times, and was never 'fixed' , and I've never bought a semi-auto from them again. It became a paper weight.

Brand pimps... are just that . Any product should perform as designed when the buyer gets it...... any failures due to the manufacturing, part failures, mis - assembly, failures, , etc. should be on the manufacturer. .... unless someone has obviously caused the problem by misuse or abuse of the it. To me, that doesn't matter if it's a $200 gun or a $2000 gun. Someone's life could depend upon it in the case of it being a gun.

I'ld have a gunsmith look it over real quick, there are various easy things to fix if it's a wheel that won't unlock that they can handle quickly.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I think the key point is the gun is over 1 year old and thats why shipping was not covered. Less than a year it would be paid for.

Re: Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

This thread has gotten way off point. I especially like it that when people have issues with a firearm, they come to a trusted and knowledgeable forum to vent, and end up getting chastised like a child for not spending enough or for not buying the gun others might approve of. Fan-friggin-tastic...kick a man while he's down....that sounds really helpful to me.

I hope that one day you get a flat on the freeway and someone drives by just to yell at you about how much you should have paid for a decent set of tires.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Senior Member Array AZ Desertrat's Avatar
    I have had nothing but excellent customer service with Ruger...and I only paid for shipping one time, on sending my Red Label shotgun back to them for firing pin and spring replacement...absolutely free...any other time...paid both directions...they are one of the best out there.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government--lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." --Patrick Henry

USCG Veteran
    NRA Life Member

Thats what ya get for not getting a GLOCK. Just kidding, I'm a huge ruger guy, but that is a crock of dog poop. My "cheap" LCR has been carried for 2 years now, laid on, dropped,had the crap shot out it and runs great. Climb up their butt and make a stink about it, might get you some free stuff, like an extra mag for that LCP

As an update, I decided to try again by emailing thru the website. They said to call in to take care of final details for shipping in gun. At the end of the phone call I asked about getting my prepaid shipping label and the guy said he could email one right now. So, as expected by some, all it took was talking to a different CS person.
    10thmtn likes this.

Sponsor
    By the way KSP, I don't consider the LCR a "cheap" gun, yes it is inexpensive compared to HK's but I certainly wouldn't put it into the "Cheap" category. I think the LCR is one of the best CC revolvers on the market. Now, if HK made a revolver, I'm sure it would be a reliable $1000 dollar carry gun. But since they don't, I'll stick with the Ruger LCR as a reliable $400 carry gun!

I'm glad that you worked it out and got the shipping paid for!

Thanks,
    Clay

Do you have a photo of LCR Broken ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links