Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR... - Page 3

Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

This is a discussion on Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Glad Ruger took care of you - sometimes you do need to get the right person on the phone. My experience with Ruger's CS has ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

Glad Ruger took care of you - sometimes you do need to get the right person on the phone. My experience with Ruger's CS has been very very good.

The idea that the LCR is "cheap" is laughable. What is even more laughable are the folks who claim Ruger does not innovate, and then when Ruger comes out with the world's FIRST polymer-frame revolver, with arguably the best out-of-the-box DA trigger...they claim it is "cheap."

Maybe some of you should ask forum member "Rollo" about the LCR...and how its quality compares to the S&W J frame.

OP - Let us know how it goes when you get it back. Good luck!
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

As far as revolvers go, I find the LCR to be on par with the S&W airweights. I have only shot each of them once, but I really like that Ruger doesn't use integral sights. I am a firm believer in night sights on a defensive pistol and still can't believe S&W doesn't have that on their snubbies.
    I think guns are like insurance. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have returned two guns, a SR9 and a LCP, in the past five years to Ruger and they paid for the shipping both ways and the repairs were also free........I did call first and talked to a CS representative, explained my problem, and he took my address and sent me a mailing label.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Administrator
    Just as a general FYI for any forum member.

Many states have highly qualified local gun smiths that do high quality incredible gun work. Usually a simple problem like a sticking cylinder release is an extremely minor and inexpensive repair. Most registered gun smiths are even able to call S&W or Ruger or any other firearm manufacturer and have a replacement part mailed out to them pronto if they don't already have one at their location.

My first choice for a very minor firearm repair would be to just take the gun to a local registered smith. 99 times out of 100 your warranty is not going to be affected if a qualified smith replaces a defective part - should you have more major problems "down the road" where the firearm would need to be sent back to the manufacturer.
    gasmitty likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links