Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

This is a discussion on Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is this how it goes with Ruger? I think some companies like Taurus make you pay for shipping, but I thought ruger was one of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ruger is making me pay for shipping for broken LCR...

Is this how it goes with Ruger? I think some companies like Taurus make you pay for shipping, but I thought ruger was one of the good ones. I know kahr and smith and wesson have paid for my shipping, and I think that keltec does too.

Anyway, my LCR has something wrong with the cylinder release. After shooting 5 rounds, I can't get the cylinder to release for the life of me. It's bad enough that this happened, but I'm annoyed that I have to pay for shipping (because the gun is more then 1 year old). Maybe I'm just spoiled with other companies great CS.

Sorry to hear that. Ruger should do better, IMO.

With all respect, when you buy a cheap pistol this is what you can expect.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less".
    General Robert E. Lee

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Taurus pays for shipping, just sayin'. :)

With Kahr it depends who you talk to.

Never had to pay to send my LCP back, so I guess it's the one year thing with them.

You "Think" but your wrong. Although Ive never had to ship a Taurus back they will send you a shipping lable on their dime.
    darbo likes this.

That's strange. I bought my wife a (new in box SR9c), that was first sold on consignment, but never paid for, so it was sold as used. After 150 shots, we had 5 light primer strikes, where the firing pin would dent the primer but not enough to fire the round. I contacted Ruger, which sent me a paid shipping label to mail the gun back to them. We had it back in (2) weeks at no charge to me. I thought there customer service was outstsnding. Good Luck

FNH is the same way. Make you pay to send it back.

I've had to send a few guns back to Ruger, including an old 10/22 that I got used - Ruger always picked up the freight. Strange...?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Taurus pays for shipping, just sayin'. :)
    Must be a new policy... outgoing shipping was on me a few years ago, but for a well-used gun I wasn't complaining. Plus, I got it back in 3 weeks.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

VIP Member
    Taurus does not volunteer, but if you ask they will send you a mailing label. At least they did for me. Did you ask Ruger to send a pre-paid mailing label?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I didn't ask for ruger to pay. Had to pay when I sent my lcp in, but the guys at my local range only charged me $10. This was a gun I bought used so I didn't mind, especially when they replaced the barrel for me.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Lets make sure we're on the same page here. You're telling us that you called Ruger CS and told them your gun was malfunctioning, and they flat out told you that they would NOT pay for shipping? Not trying to start something here, but I don't see that happening. Now, I can see them possibly saying, "send it in", and not offering to pay for shipping, but I would bet good money that if you called them back and said, "send me a label" that they would send you a label.
    Rhcmlc likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

I don't know why I'd have any interest in starting something against ruger, but I called them and asked for a shipping label and she flatly refused. I asked the lady why I have to pay when it's their gun that is breaking on me, and she said its because I've had the gun for over one year. I asked when this policy was started and she started to hem and haw and said that its just their policy. Now, I have the feeling that this could be one of those "it depends on who I'm talking to." I'm going to call again and see if they will cover shipping. But either way I'm annoyed (especially since it seems most other major gun makers cover shipping)

This is news to me. I assumed they would pick up the tab for shipping. I don't have any experience with this, as I have never had to send any of my Rugers back for service.

Is it the actual latch that is sticking,or has the ejector rod backed out enough to make it hard to open?First make sure the rod is screwed in tight,if it has loosened up a little of the loctite either purple(low) or blue (medium) that allows a non permanent bond so you can unscrew it in the future will keep it solid and prevent it backing out in the future
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Coltman 77 View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Ruger should do better, IMO.

With all respect, when you buy a cheap pistol this is what you can expect.
    I hope you're kidding with the cheap comment.

I have sent a few pistols back to Ruger and have only had to pay for one trip to Ruger. They have picked up the tab for all the other shipping. The one time I had to pay for it was on my MkIII that was several years old at the time.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links