Getting n odd feeling.... This is going to get expensive....

This is a discussion on Getting n odd feeling.... This is going to get expensive.... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok I bought a Smith 19-3 2.5" K frame 357 mag. I love it. It is suprisingly comfortable to carry/shoot and is very accurate. I ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Alex_C

Thread: Getting n odd feeling.... This is going to get expensive....

Getting n odd feeling.... This is going to get expensive....

Ok I bought a Smith 19-3 2.5" K frame 357 mag. I love it. It is suprisingly comfortable to carry/shoot and is very accurate. I was looking for a J frame as a BUG. My choices I have narrowed down to is a 640 Pro or the 642 pro. Both revolvers have been made to accept a full moon clip. I do not beleive in carrying the reloads as full moon clips but after the first cylinder is empty it is very quick to get those rounds out. The smith 19 I am going to leave alone as it is in beautiful condition. Sooo here is my problem. I have a highly customized Glock 19 Gen 3 (night sights, CTC grip, Plug, Trigger work, Removal of finger grooves, stipple job) and I like it but I was really starting to look at the Smith M&P series. I have had a few and really liked them but kept convincing myself that the Glock 19 is the only gun in the world but it took alot of work for me to get it to where I was happy with it. The M&P I always knew would be fine if I added the night sights and the APEX kit but I never got around to it and since I was a Glock armorer I liked being intimately familiar with the glock.

So should I just take the plunge and go all smiths and say good bye to the others?? I work at a gun store/range and I am less and less impressed with most other stock manufacturers or maybe I just learned to appreciate an old friend once again since I started shooting Smiths as a kid. Money is tight but thank god for the employee purchase program. And since I had a friend offer 750 for my glock (along with six mags and three kydex holsters, mag pouches) I am sitting on the edge here just thinking and wondering what you all would do??

2. Remove Ads

I would forget any notion of "brand loyalty" and stick with whatever is an effective choice for you. Getting rid of a pistol that you have spent a lot of time and money on just because another one has different writing on the side is probably not a good choice. If you legitimately prefer the M&P and feel that it will be a better fit for you, then that's excellent, go right ahead. Your history with the Glock seems to indicate otherwise, however.
    XDshooter and Piratesailor like this.

I gotcha. No I enjoy my Glock I enjoy all my guns. I really like both the M&P and the glock.

KoB
    In about 6 months to a year, I'll be reading a post from you about how you sold your #1 Philly (the G1 9) and how you now regret it!

Maybe save some money and get the M&P later on?

Standard gun enthusiast answer: own both!

I own both and would certainly have regretted selling one to get the other. Both are excellent firearms.

I agree, you don't have to stick with just once maker. If you really like your Glock then keep it. If it would stretch your budget too far to buy the M&P right now, then save up over the nest month or two and buy it then.

I don't subscribe to the philosophy of brand exclusivity. I could find an acceptable example of firearm from all of the medium-and-higher quality manufacturers out there. I do subscribe to the philosphy of "never get rid of a gun for another gun". If a gun has been "voted off the island" so to speak, it will be because it has quality/reliability issues, not because of the brand. Take that Glock 19 out of the safe, hold it in your hand, and really, really look at it. Do you love it? You know you do...
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

I personally think you would ALWAYS regret getting rid of your G19...Save your money for what you want, and in the meantime, be happy with what you've got...JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by First Sgt View Post
    I personally think you would ALWAYS regret getting rid of your G19...Save your money for what you want, and in the meantime, be happy with what you've got...JMO

^^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^

I'm in this camp here.

If you like your custom Glock, keep it.

If you wish to part with it, for what the other guy is willing to give you, sell it,buy the M&P, then save the remainder of the money, and over time add to it and go get another Gen III.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links