Why is the J frame superior to the Shield for pocket carry

This is a discussion on Why is the J frame superior to the Shield for pocket carry within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may have already responded to this thread once, but what the heck, I have more to say. First, a word about pocket carry. Pocket ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Why is the J frame superior to the Shield for pocket carry

I may have already responded to this thread once, but what the heck, I have more to say. First, a word about pocket carry. Pocket carry is the ONLY way to have your hand on your firearm without raising suspicions or eyebrows. A couple of times a year, I drive across the country with my wife and our dogs. If I'm out at night walking the dogs, I feel much more comfortable with my hand in my pocket on the gun.

Second, so long as I am careful not to wear my ballet pants or luge suit, I don't find printing to be problem.

2. Remove Ads

I hate when my ballet pants print n
    grouse likes this.

On a practical side, the height is the issue for me. That length, of height makes pocket carry for me uncomfortable. The j frame is ideal in size andwweight as I carry the 442. It is the easiest gun to carry.

Additionally, its just a cool gun. The revolver has a history and nostalgia. Not that any of that matters in an sd situation, but it will when you give.it to your kids or grandkids or great grandkids!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links