Joined the Glock Fanboy Club Today (finally)

This is a discussion on Joined the Glock Fanboy Club Today (finally) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I got my hands on a used but not abused Glock 27 with factory night sights (that still work) for $400 clams out the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Joined the Glock Fanboy Club Today (finally)

Joined the Glock Fanboy Club Today (finally)

So I got my hands on a used but not abused Glock 27 with factory night sights (that still work) for $400 clams out the door. Maybe not a killer deal, but I am happy with it.

I am a staunch 1911 supporter, but I always find carrying them to be fine, but not super great. This one packs a wallup with 11 rounds of .40 S&W and is light and easy to conceal. And it's a Glock so every time I point and pull the trigger it'll go BANG!

Anyways, I know some people say the Glock is ugly, but I find it quite attractive. And BONUS! My Galco King Tuck for my M&P fits this firearm almost perfect. A little hair dryer time and remold of the kydex and it'll be perfect.

Glad to be a "Glockophile", can't wait to add more to my "collection".
    Attached Images
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

2. Remove Ads

Re: Joined the Glock Fanboy Club Today (finally)

Note to self, shop for glock 26.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    Welcome to the club. We still have plenty of room for those of you who will be joining in the future. $400 for what you got isn't bad, at least around here.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Nice purchase. I predict many years of wedded bliss.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy - Tom Waits

G27 is an excellent carry weapon. Good choice and welcome to the family. As for ugly, I just don't see it. It's a beautiful gun to my eyes. If I ever meet a new "friend" in a dark alley, I'd love to show it to him.

Glocks are not ugly to those that understand what they are capable of doing in the right hands. Congrats on the G27.......

and look at my sig line for my take on Glocks.
    smolck and nerdyvirgin like this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    and look at my sig line for my take on Glocks.
    That's funny. Especially since in the past I have hated on Glocks and loved on Kimbers. And while my Pro Carry 2 is a beauty and I carry it, I find myself migrating back to the lighter, polymer guns for most EDC situations. But unlike the Kahrs, the Glock feels like a bigger gun in my hand. I like it. Hopefully I will get to shoot it this weekend.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I nevered considered a Glock ugly, just deadly serious in appearance.
    zonker1986, smolck and 10thmtn like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array clarkston_cz's Avatar
    Nice find!

You can always drop a .357 barrel into it and have the ultimate "pocket rocket' the modern .357 Snubbie.

www.czforum.com

Go RED SOX!

Quote Originally Posted by smolck View Post
    That's funny. Especially since in the past I have hated on Glocks and loved on Kimbers. And while my Pro Carry 2 is a beauty and I carry it, I find myself migrating back to the lighter, polymer guns for most EDC situations. But unlike the Kahrs, the Glock feels like a bigger gun in my hand. I like it. Hopefully I will get to shoot it this weekend.
    20 years ago, the owner of a gun store in Texas was trying to get me to buy my first Glock. I couldn't stand them, and ended up with a Ruger P89 instead......and then a buddy let me shoot his G19
    at an outdoor range where you could really wring out the Glock in rapid fire. I was hooked and over time, they are the one gun I have come to respect and admire for what they are, not for what they
    are not. As OklVet stated: Just Deadly Serious in Apprearance......and in function.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Congrats on the new Glock. Looks nice. I woulda paid $400 for that pistol in a 'NY second'.

I recently joined the fan club myself, with the purchase of a G34 Gen4 to be used for IDPA and other competitive shoots. Prior to this, I was a devout 1911 shooter. The grip angle of the Glocks is a little different than a 1911 - takes some getting used to.

I did a meticulous "25 cent trigger polish" (just Google the phrase and you'll see a million links) on mine and it really smoothed up the trigger action........
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Congrats on the "new" gun! I just picked up a 27 myself a week ago. Great gun!

Congrats, enjoy. The 27 is a great carry option, and $400 is a good price for it IMO. I agree with many others here. I like the look of Glocks. It is kinda like the looks of an M1 Abrams. It isn't designed to "look" sexy, it is designed to be very capable, leathal and functional... and THAT is what makes it sexy!
    Glock 26 Gen3 (EDC)
    Glock 21 Gen2 (HD)

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    20 years ago, the owner of a gun store in Texas was trying to get me to buy my first Glock. I couldn't stand them, and ended up with a Ruger P89 instead......and then a buddy let me shoot his G19
    at an outdoor range where you could really wring out the Glock in rapid fire. I was hooked and over time, they are the one gun I have come to respect and admire for what they are, not for what they
    are not. As OklVet stated: Just Deadly Serious in Apprearance......and in function.
    Too funny, I traded in a Ruger P89 towards a new Glock27 two months ago. Goes well with my Glock23's I keep at the house.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkston_cz View Post
    Nice find!

You can always drop a .357 barrel into it and have the ultimate "pocket rocket' the modern .357 Snubbie.
    I might actually do this, especially after seeing that guys wound who popped his own leg with one. What is the recoil like with .357 sig?

Funny enough, the G27 is noticeably more comfy up against my side than the M&P9c it replaced. It is remarkable actually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links