I want another carry gun!!! - Page 2

I want another carry gun!!!

This is a discussion on I want another carry gun!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At least you recognize that you "want" another carry gun and so worded your post. You certainly don't have a crying need for another, what ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: I want another carry gun!!!

At least you recognize that you "want" another carry gun and so worded your post. You certainly don't have a crying need for another, what with the two first-rate choices you employ at present. Why I could live and grow old being happy with your two selections.

This from someone who has more carry choices on hand then are reasonably put to work on a regular basis.

And no, flinging lots of cash at a carry choice is not a requirement unless you just flat out want it. My favorite ol' Smith & Wesson Model 10 which still sees regular duty was a used purchase for $75 in the mid-1970s and that was no bargain in the economy of the era.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

bmcgilvray from your other posts I doubt you could be happy with just those two, and no other smiths or revolvers!

It is very much a want, but at this point most of my gun purchases are. I do not have many firearm needs anymore as most have been taken care of. If we only bought what we needed how boring would life be?!
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    If not a Glock, my other preference is SIG. My primary preference. A 229 Enhanced Elite is awfully tough to beat. I surely love my SIGs. A 229 is a fine carry gun. Spendy, but worth it.
    I have a two part recommendation..... Instead of getting the Sig P229 in 9mm, 40sw or 357 sig, GET a Sig P220 Carry. The P220 Carry is in 45acp so you can share practice ammuniton with your Colt. It has virtually the same dimensions and the Colt LW Commander XSE so you really won't feel much difference in how it carries. It is a little heavier at around 32oz AND you can get it in single action only if you want to stay with the same type action as your Colt. Or...you could get it in da/sa...that's the standard for Sig. My final recommendation is to start loading your own ammunition.....with 2 45's you will save a lot of money (about 1/2 off) if you load your own.

Reply to BigJon

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Pogo,

Are there any guns that you do not own? And how long did it take you to get all of these masterful pictures??? OWB is an option but it is not my preferred method at this point. Especially as it will be for only a couple months as it only gets cold enough for coats and outer cover garments for a short period here.
    Although I usually post my own gun pictures, I must admit that the photos of the H&K above are not mine - I found them on the Internet. Sometimes I will recommend a gun that I don't own, based on having shot or handled somebody else's gun at the range. I just like the looks and design of the P2000sk, and think it fits a situation where you can only have a 10 round magazine. And the holster also looked good to me, although it is not mine either.

As for my own photos, I started about 10 years ago taking photos of my guns, since I liked photography and had a decent camera. Now I have quite a few pictures in my collection.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the Peoples' Liberty's Teeth." - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    bmcgilvray from your other posts I doubt you could be happy with just those two, and no other smiths or revolvers!

It is very much a want, but at this point most of my gun purchases are. I do not have many firearm needs anymore as most have been taken care of. If we only bought what we needed how boring would life be?!
    Well...there is that.

BigJon10125 likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I respectfully recommend the M&P 40C: Light weight, 10 rnd mag. It's my EDC in a MTAC IWB. Oh!....It shoots like a dream!
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Gunny, does the 40c increase the snappiness of say a full size?. I do like the m&ps I've shot. All I shot was my xd40 for a while and while it is a spectacular gun after shooting 9; and .45 I do recognize the snappiness and am quicker on follow up shots w other calibers. Then comes into play, how many calibers do I want in my carry weapons. I still can't answer that...

As MLittle said sharing ammo is an advantage and reloading is on my "to begin doing" list.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I want another carry gun!!!

Springfield XDs is what I chose. I liked the Sig p938 but too much $ and the XDs was small a 45 and $150 less.

Thx f8. Don't believe that one is on the CA DOJ approved list yet but I appreciate the input.
    BigJon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links