Cost of losing in a shooting?

This is a discussion on Cost of losing in a shooting? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Smitty901 In Wisconsin if you use it the LEO take it. Once they have it your not getting it back. There have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Cost of losing in a shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    In Wisconsin if you use it the LEO take it. Once they have it your not getting it back. There have been two justified self defense shooting in Wisconsin by CC holder one in his home the other in a store neither have had the firearms returned. When ask for their guns back DA say not going to happen
    There have been more than that...

Example: Teen charged after robbery victim kills alleged accomplice

When it was looking like CCL's were going to be a reality, some friends at work were discussing that they wouldn't carry their expensive guns due to the possibility of losing them this way. At the time I started thinking about it and bought my Ruger LC9 on this basis. I have since decided my life is worth more than that, and have taken to carrying my Wilson and Ed Browns ona regular basis.
    I still carry the LC9 a fair amount when I want something light and compact, or when I am doing things where it could easily take a beating (mountain biking etc). I am not taking anything away from it, it serves a great purpose.
    NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetiman View Post
    There have been more than that...

Example: [url=http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/teen-charged-in-death-of-robbery-accomplice-by-intended-victim-vl7cba9-176048841.html]Teen charged after robbery victim kills alleged accomplice[

When it was looking like CCL's were going to be a reality, some friends at work were discussing that they wouldn't carry their expensive guns due to the possibility of losing them this way. At the time I started thinking about it and bought my Ruger LC9 on this basis. I have since decided my life is worth more than that, and have taken to carrying my Wilson and Ed Browns ona regular basis.
    I still carry the LC9 a fair amount when I want something light and compact, or when I am doing things where it could easily take a beating (mountain biking etc). I am not taking anything away from it, it serves a great purpose.
    I wouldn't avoid carrying an Ed Brown, I can always order another. I do avoid carrying My grandfathers SAA Colt. Even if I found another its not Grandpa's gun. DR

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links